Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Possible Bumblebee FS in OR.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jmill
Saw this car FS on my wifes FB page. I'll have to see which of her friends it is and what they want for it. Looks like a possible LE to me. I believe it's in Hillsboro OR.
JeffBowlsby
Looks very original...would love to know more...VIN and other #s pleez... smile.gif
jmill
Trying to contact her now and get the vin. Saw that she's trying to get a COA. I believe she's asking 10K right now. More when she gets a COA saying it's an LE.
biosurfer1
Don't let Jamie Rust near it!
PanelBilly
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Jun 24 2011, 05:46 PM) *

My thought exactly!
PanelBilly
Duplicate post. Shit I'm starting to repeat myself on the computer too
JRust
You guys are slow! I've exchanged emails with her. I believe it is a real BEE but I told her to get a COA to know for sure. She started at 20k on Craigslist with it. I told her 20k was possible for a pristine LE with no rust. This one has some rust on the battery tray & the rear trunk. Nothing terminal but I am guessing. She didn't send me pics just a few emails. Trust me my LE days are numbered evilgrin.gif
computers4kids
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Jun 24 2011, 05:46 PM) *

Jamie only wants ones that don't run. biggrin.gif
jmill
QUOTE(JRust @ Jun 24 2011, 08:17 PM) *

You guys are slow! I've exchanged emails with her. I believe it is a real BEE but I told her to get a COA to know for sure.

OK, glad to see you LE guys are on this one. Found out the car belongs to my wifes cousin.
budk
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Jun 24 2011, 08:34 PM) *

Looks very original...would love to know more...VIN and other #s pleez... smile.gif

Jeff - I'm restoring a LE and have some questons about the wheels. Is the painting on these wheels correct? (I'm seen some that have the paint removed on the ribs to expose the silver but I don't think that is the way they came from the factory. Is the silver painted or is an anodized?

Finally, what are the proper lug studs for a Bumblebee? Are the center caps chrome and hould they have a Porsche logo?

Thanks. Bud
JeffBowlsby
Hi Bud! I don't want to divert this thread...there are details on my LE website at the link in my signature below.

Here is a photo of a good restored BB wheel, other original wheels may be slightly different. There were a few variants as it turns out, see website. I say the silver is generally raw metal (both my original cars are that way), but some are adament that the silver is Wurth Silver paint which is an excellent match.

No polished ribs, stock plain center caps, stock silver cad plated lug bolts, with black plastic covers.
jmill
Talked with her today. Car has original paint, only 77K miles and has been garaged most of its life. I asked her for more pictures, the Vin# and color code. Jeff, I also gave her the option of contacting an LE expert, namely you.
Britain Smith
I live in Hillsboro and can go check it out if you want.

-Britain
ben*james
QUOTE(Britain Smith @ Jun 25 2011, 12:22 PM) *

I live in Hillsboro and can go check it out if you want.

-Britain

Hey....I wanna go check it out popcorn[1].gif
In portland, but would be willing to make the trip as well.
jmill
You can check out the CL add Jamie mentioned and try and contact her. Haven't heard back from her after the picture and Vin# request. I'm thinking this one won't last long.
jmill
Some pics.

jmill
Here you go Jeff.

The VIN # is 4742916649
Door Plate: Karosserie NR 1449535 Kunstharzlack L041 MF 4/74
jmill
Few more.

jmill
Better pic of interior.

JeffBowlsby
This car is in very nice condition...hard to find them this original, it is very near the end of the LE VIN range.

I don't want to sound alarming but I would emphasize caution on this car to anyone interested in it, unless it has a COA. There are documented examples of cars near this VIN that the factory did not complete as LE cars. They have the correct LE paint, but not the LE equipment package. Its easy enough to get a COA, this seller should provide it.
914werke
Hmm...my car is about 40 cars later but has got the paperwork.
Drums66
......Are any of them real idea.gif
bye1.gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif
(Bumble le)
jmill
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Jun 27 2011, 10:43 PM) *

I don't want to sound alarming but I would emphasize caution on this car to anyone interested in it, unless it has a COA. There are documented examples of cars near this VIN that the factory did not complete as LE cars. They have the correct LE paint, but not the LE equipment package. Its easy enough to get a COA, this seller should provide it.

I'll ask if she still has the window sticker. If she does it'll clear things up before a COA comes through. I know she's moving from OR to AZ soon. I believe she wants the car gone before then.

JeffBowlsby
A call to Kristen Richford at 1-800-PORSCHE will confirm its authenticity verbally. She has been really helpful with the LE cars. Then the COA can be had as proof.

PS here is the list of 914s at the bottom of the LE Registry webpage that are within the LE VIN range, but verified NON-LE's. They are factory black or Light Ivory cars. So far as is known now, they only sporadically occur at the end of the LE VIN range.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.