Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PORSCHE TERMINOLOGY
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914.SBC
I am new to the world still and I see these phrases all the time but like in shcool, I hope no question is a dumb quesiton.

"Teener" How did phrase get coined and I assume it means small or tiny like the 914?
"Concourse" What type of 914 is this?

huh.gif
Dr Evil
Teener = short for nine fourteen

Concourse = show room quality and specs. An "as original" car.
Strudelwagon
QUOTE(914.SBC @ Jun 25 2011, 10:23 AM) *

I am new to the world still and I see these phrases all the time but like in shcool, I hope no question is a dumb quesiton.

"Teener" How did phrase get coined and I assume it means small or tiny like the 914?

huh.gif

PO = Previous owner (usually used when describing something they did)
Variations are (SPO, DAPO, FPO etc.) av-943.gif
CW = Concours weenie (not that there is anything wrong with that)
popcorn[1].gif
ewdysar
QUOTE(914.SBC @ Jun 25 2011, 10:23 AM) *

huh.gif

Teener = Can also mean one who owns, or is a big fan of Nine Fourteens, i.e. a 'teener
Concourse = a place where pathways or roads meet and not a relevent term here.
Concours = a competitive examination, more specifically Concours d'Elegance, a competition among car owners on the appearance of their cars. In our circles , this also leads to CW, a concours weenie, one who spend an inordinate amount of time detailing their car with tiny brushes and toothpicks. A CW also obsesses over the accuracy of every small aspect of their car, possibly up to where the air in their tires came from. blink.gif
Tom_T
Concours is from the French Concours d'Elegance - a competitive event to decide the most elegant car in the vintage/antique car world (the "s" at the end of Concours is silent).

In most local Porsche Club shows it's primarily who has the cleanest (everywhere - nooks & crannies) & best maintained car. When they get to the national level (PCA Parade) then correct originality of the car comes into play.

CW is either a original correct & well kept 914 on here, or those seeking that level of originality; and it can be can be interpreted as Concours Weenie, Wanker, Winner, etc.! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.