Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Had a little bit of fun with the 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
corsepervita
Afterall what's the point of having a fun car like a 914 if you can't enjoy it on your off time! It's fun to go on cruises, go to shows and drive around in it. But I really wanted to appreciate the car for what it was in an element that I could appreciate it in smile.gif

Didn't do the best, didn't do the worst. Regardless, I had a huge ton of fun and learned a LOT about my car.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
Dave_Darling
I'm thinkin' you may need a sway bar or two...

--DD
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jun 26 2011, 01:31 PM) *

--DD

agree.gif
Tom
Uh oh, your sickness just took a turn for the worse! LOL!!! smile.gif
Lemme see, sway bars, better tires, brakes?. seat time. the list goes on.
Love to see someone enjoying the car they love to drive,
Tom
messix
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jun 26 2011, 11:31 AM) *

--DD

you don't need no stinking swaybars!!!!!
corsepervita
QUOTE(Tom @ Jun 26 2011, 05:53 PM) *

Tom

It is so so tempting to upgrade things. I was amazed at even how simple changes in tire pressure changed my times dramatically. My slowest run of the day I was getting rollover on the tread and ended up doing something like a 67. There was a 2002 corvette running in front of me the entire day and he wasn't far behind me.

However... my thing is that I am building a 924 for trackdays and autocross. The 914 is pretty much all factory stock. So I would like to preserve the originality of the car.

After I got some pointers and ended up changing pressures and just changing my braking habits and where I entered and exited I dropped literally over 10 seconds off my time by the end of the day.

It tickled me pink when I saw a 56.4 on the timer on one of my last runs. I was consistently around 57.1 for the rest of my runs. The corvette's fastest time was a 57.3.

The only reason they put me in CSP was because at some point someone put on different shocks and springs in the rear and they have one of those nifty little click settings on the rear springs, so they said "oh, not stock. So you can't run C Stock. CSP for you, even if that's a stock tension or stock setting that's not stock equipment."

QUOTE(messix @ Jun 26 2011, 06:43 PM) *

--DD

I didn't mind the body roll, lol I thought it was fun! Kind of interesting to see how they handle the way they are.

However, I'm pretty much novice at this stuff, just learning, soaking it in and have fun, so my $.02 is worth whatever $.02 pesos is worth in $.02 USD tongue.gif
messix
QUOTE(corsepervita @ Jun 26 2011, 07:51 PM) *

QUOTE(Tom @ Jun 26 2011, 05:53 PM) *

Tom

It is so so tempting to upgrade things. I was amazed at even how simple changes in tire pressure changed my times dramatically. My slowest run of the day I was getting rollover on the tread and ended up doing something like a 67. There was a 2002 corvette running in front of me the entire day and he wasn't far behind me.

However... my thing is that I am building a 924 for trackdays and autocross. The 914 is pretty much all factory stock. So I would like to preserve the originality of the car.

After I got some pointers and ended up changing pressures and just changing my braking habits and where I entered and exited I dropped literally over 10 seconds off my time by the end of the day.

It tickled me pink when I saw a 56.4 on the timer on one of my last runs. I was consistently around 57.1 for the rest of my runs. The corvette's fastest time was a 57.3.

The only reason they put me in CSP was because at some point someone put on different shocks and springs in the rear and they have one of those nifty little click settings on the rear springs, so they said "oh, not stock. So you can't run C Stock. CSP for you, even if that's a stock tension or stock setting that's not stock equipment."

QUOTE(messix @ Jun 26 2011, 06:43 PM) *

--DD

I didn't mind the body roll, lol I thought it was fun! Kind of interesting to see how they handle the way they are.

However, I'm pretty much novice at this stuff, just learning, soaking it in and have fun, so my $.02 is worth whatever $.02 pesos is worth in $.02 USD tongue.gif

i don't have swaybars either and i'm been famous/infamous about it on and off the a/x course.

i just put some 140lb progressive on the rear .... and what a huge difference! the koni reds are set on full firm and i have bills up front, the ride is not harsh at all and the handling is far improved.
Tom_T
QUOTE(corsepervita @ Jun 26 2011, 10:47 AM) *

IPB Image

That helmet - along with it blending into the white truck beyond - makes you look like "Jack" of Jack-in-the-Box TV commercial fame! biggrin.gif
corsepervita
^^^ LOL! that's funny, i never really looked at it like that. Pretty funny!

That would make a funny photochop.
bare 1
YaHoooo!!! Impitus to crawl back under the cruel mistress! Did I spell that right? Do I care? Can't wait till I can do that!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.