SchantzMD
914World member price: $4500 with no core

Mike
(951)323-9396

Worldwide shipping available

A few pictures at bottom of ad:

Link to test run video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOREDQaOCoo

Beautiful ready to run Turnkey EFI 2.0+ liter Big Bore 2056cc Type IV engine which was built from a stock 1974 Porsche 914 2.0L engine. The engine has (0) miles on a complete FRESH rebuild and has been hot run for 2.5 hours. Everything you see in the photos is included minus my test transmission case and exhaust pipes so when you receive the engine all you will have to do is bolt it in and plug in 1 electrical harness, 2 fuel lines, and your accelerator cable.

PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE DESCRIPTION AS IT COVERS EVERYTHING INSTALLED ALONG WITH SHIPPING AND RUNNING TEST RESULTS.

Parts Build List:

Fully bead blasted and repainted sheet metal and intake system

Cleaned and inspected GA 2.0L Dual Relief case

New 96mm AA Big bore Euro style Flat top Hypertuenic Aluminum P/Cs, CR set to ~8.5:1

2.0L 71mm stroke STD Forged Crankshaft cleaned and polished

Mild Performance grind EFI profile cam & solid lifters

Fully Rebuilt & modified #021 casting cylinder Heads

Cleaned and flow checked green top 380cc/min fuel injectors

Complete 1974 2.0L EFI system including ECU and Relay box, #044 ECU, #043 MPS, #012 CHTS

All new fuel, vacuum, and intake runner hoses

2.0L Style rocker arms with New 10mm rocker arm adjuster screws & nuts

New STD Rod bearings

New STD Main bearings

New STD Cam bearings

Newly turned 215mm Flywheel and pressure plate

New 215mm 6 spring Clutch disc

Full Victor Reinz Gasket set

All New Seals

New Goodyear Alternator belt

Recently rebuilt Bosch 55 amp alternator

New Engine tin sheet metal screws

New Beru spark plug wires

New NGK spark plugs

Rebuilt 2.0L #205 Distributor

New TPS Board

New Cap, Rotor, Condenser, Points

Bosch Super Coil

New Bosch oil filter

New Air filter

The engine has only been test run for ~2.5 hours so you'll want to allow for a normal break in period. After the break in period assume that the timing and the dwell will have to be checked along with the valve lash. Also assume that the CO2 settings will have to be checked. The idle RPM and ignition timing settings are currently set @ ~975 RPM & ~27° BTC and the alternator is currently outputting 13.6V. I tried to cover everything that you as a BUYER would want to inspect for yourself but can't. If for any reason I missed something in the description don't hesitate in sending me an email.
speed metal army
This guy rules!Where else can you get so much goodness for the price? aktion035.gif
DRPHIL914

Nice build! I love the fact that u did f.I. on this build.
Fairly self-explanitory, I have a question about the heads and valves. Who rebuilt the heads, are they original 2.0 heads, do they have new seats etc. Rebuilt or reman?(springs rockers etc).

Phil
beer3.gif

QUOTE(SchantzMD @ Jun 27 2011, 01:00 AM) *

Mike
(951)323-9396

Link to test run video:

piratenanner.gif

Beautiful ready to run Turnkey EFI 2.0+ liter Big Bore 2056cc Type IV engine which was built from a stock 1974 Porsche 914 2.0L engine. The engine has (0) miles on a complete FRESH rebuild and has been hot run for 2.5 hours. Everything you see in the photos is included minus my test transmission case and exhaust pipes so when you receive the engine all you will have to do is bolt it in and plug in 1 electrical harness, 2 fuel lines, and your accelerator cable.

PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE DESCRIPTION AS IT COVERS EVERYTHING INSTALLED ALONG WITH SHIPPING AND RUNNING TEST RESULTS.

Parts Build List:

New 96mm AA Big bore Euro style Flat top Hypertuenic Aluminum P/Cs, CR set to ~8.5:1

Complete 1974 2.0L EFI system including ECU and Relay box, #044 ECU, #043 MPS, #012 CHTS

New STD Rod bearings

New STD Main bearings

New STD Cam bearings

All New Seals

New NGK spark plugs

New TPS Board

Bosch Super Coil

New Bosch oil filter

New Air filter

The engine has only been test run for ~2.5 hours so you'll want to allow for a normal break in period. After the break in period assume that the timing and the dwell will have to be checked along with the valve lash. Also assume that the CO2 settings will have to be checked. The idle RPM and ignition timing settings are currently set @ ~975 RPM & ~27° BTC and the alternator is currently outputting 13.6V. I tried to cover everything that you as a BUYER would want to inspect for yourself but can't. If for any reason I missed something in the description don't hesitate in sending me an email.

SchantzMD
QUOTE(Philip W. @ Jun 27 2011, 06:24 AM) *

Nice build! I love the fact that u did f.I. on this build.
Fairly self-explanitory, I have a question about the heads and valves. Who rebuilt the heads, are they original 2.0 heads, do they have new seats etc. Rebuilt or reman?(springs rockers etc).

Phil
beer3.gif

QUOTE(SchantzMD @ Jun 27 2011, 01:00 AM) *

Mike
(951)323-9396

Link to test run video:

piratenanner.gif

Parts Build List:

New STD Rod bearings

New STD Main bearings

New STD Cam bearings

All New Seals

New NGK spark plugs

New TPS Board

Bosch Super Coil

New Bosch oil filter

New Air filter

Hi Phil and thanks for the question.

The heads were re-manufactured from a 1.8L and were opened up to accept the big bore 96mm jugs and modified to accept the 2.0L injection system. The EX valves, valve springs, valve keepers, and rocker arm adjusting screws and nuts were replaced in the rebuild. Carcraft of Riverside did the work and found no cracks during the rebuild. Also all parts not specifically listed were inspected/rebuilt/reused (e.g. rocker arms, rocker arm shafts, INT valves, valve seats, etc).

Hope this helps,
Mike
SchantzMD
Quick icon_bump.gif

Thanks for all the interest.
There's lots of people on the "I have to figure out how to get this without my wife killing me" list but no takers yet.

Ad will shown sold as soon as a sale is made.

QUOTE(SchantzMD @ Jun 26 2011, 10:00 PM) *

Mike
(951)323-9396

Link to test run video:

Parts Build List:

New STD Rod bearings

New STD Main bearings

New STD Cam bearings

All New Seals

New NGK spark plugs

New EFI Trigger Point set

New TPS Board

Bosch Super Coil

New Bosch oil filter

New Air filter

SchantzMD

Mike
(951)323-9396

Link to test run video:

Parts Build List:

New STD Rod bearings

New STD Main bearings

New STD Cam bearings

All New Seals

New NGK spark plugs

New TPS Board

Bosch Super Coil

New Bosch oil filter

New Air filter

icon_bump.gif
patrick3000
I have one of Mikes engines in my 71, he does great work!
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(SchantzMD @ Jul 19 2011, 01:46 PM) *

Mike
(951)323-9396

Link to test run video:

Parts Build List:

New STD Rod bearings

New STD Main bearings

New STD Cam bearings

All New Seals

New NGK spark plugs

New TPS Board

Bosch Super Coil

New Bosch oil filter

New Air filter

icon_bump.gif

You should donate this to my Bumble Bee. Would be better than just letting it sit there and rot. Just sayin...... poke.gif
SchantzMD
Sold and Sold, thanks again for all the interest!

Mike
(951)323-9396

Link to test run video:

Parts Build List:

New STD Rod bearings

New STD Main bearings

New STD Cam bearings

All New Seals

New NGK spark plugs

New TPS Board

Bosch Super Coil

New Bosch oil filter

New Air filter

SchantzMD
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Jul 24 2011, 07:22 AM) *

QUOTE(SchantzMD @ Jul 19 2011, 01:46 PM) *

Mike
(951)323-9396

Link to test run video:

Parts Build List:

New STD Rod bearings

New STD Main bearings

New STD Cam bearings

All New Seals

New NGK spark plugs

New TPS Board

Bosch Super Coil

New Bosch oil filter

New Air filter

icon_bump.gif

You should donate this to my Bumble Bee. Would be better than just letting it sit there and rot. Just sayin...... poke.gif

LOL! Actually I was just thinking that you should donate the $4500 straight into my bank account poke.gif! You could consider it a donation to my Mechanical Engineering Senior project at CPP,... biggrin.gif .

Anyway good luck on your Bumble Bee project, I've got a Creamsicle in the back that I want to get to also, but I have a 72 914 EV conversion that I need to get done first. The good thing is that I might of found a deal on a 144 volt controller, and if so I can build the 914 EV to run at about 85-90 MPH with a ~20 mile range (it should be pretty cool).

Mike
trev0006
Are you building any more of these?

Mike
(951)323-9396

Link to test run video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOREDQaOCootirescars

Parts Build List:

New STD Rod bearings

New STD Main bearings

New STD Cam bearings

All New Seals

New NGK spark plugs

New TPS Board

Bosch Super Coil

New Bosch oil filter

New Air filter

http://www.discountpartcenter.com/

http://www.dpccars.com/
TheCabinetmaker
This thread may hold the record for having the first post requoted over and over. confused24.gif slap.gif screwy.gif
euro911
Yeah. Conserve bandwidth folks, snip or delete the original post when you reply type.gif
jkroells
How much with California Smog Equipment added? Assuming you can find it!
Coondog
QUOTE(jkroells @ May 7 2017, 04:55 PM) *

How much with California Smog Equipment added? Assuming you can find it!

FYI thread is 6 years old......... blink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.