Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB side shift linkage tubes/engine mount bar
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
70 914
i hav a shifter , hav access to 2 diff trans but need engine cross bar/mount and the 2 tube that connect trans to shifter(conversion bushing if u hav it !)
914ltd
QUOTE(70 914 @ Jun 27 2011, 11:56 AM) *

i hav a shifter , hav access to 2 diff trans but need engine cross bar/mount and the 2 tube that connect trans to shifter(conversion bushing if u hav it !)

Cut 4" out of your old tube in the tunnel and weld or epoxy it over the end of the late tube. You will always be able to find the original firewall bushing 911-424-224-00 bushing. It is used on both 911's and early 914. If you cut the old tube with a tubing cutter, it will fit the late tube better since there is a small difference in the I.D. and O.D. of these parts. There is a list of several parts you will need from the late linkage and a little clearancing in the tunnel for the conversion to prevent a scraping noise when shifting. Brad Mayeur
70 914
it all started when the 2 front engine mounts broke , i replaced them now can't get 1st,3rd,5th tried adjusting(made shorter) no luk ? wtf ,so now i just wnt to b done w/bs and fix it once ! i'll call rich first,guy n ore second and the 3rd guy last ,thanx everyone i want to drive this thing and is makn me krazy !
Loser_Cruiser
I have a cross bar you can have for free but inwont be Dow
To Everett for about 2 weeks.
70 914
i'll tak it ! plz! pm sent
70 914
UPDATE=DONE ! thanx to Rich ! all i really nedded was the 2 shift rods and the trans ! car as later 2.0 so already had corect engine mount ,i gat a correct shifter w/car when paurchesed. it also came w/2 conversion bushings! plus the one i purchased from Jonathn @ GPR (shameless plug) made 3, now i hav 2 spares!lol SHIFTS LIKE BUTTER!.

also got a new rear main seal and the flywheel oring from GPR/Jonathan as well , always leaked a bit since purchased(old oring looked more like a quad flat)

thanx to 6not4 for the insite about my brake cables bein the prob to the draging rear brake prob, and yes the cables need replaced(housings shot)

my car actually fun/easy to drive now! can drive it like the slot car it is!lol
914werke
beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.