Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: in need of mechanics
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914challenge
just bought a 1973 914 2.0 and in need of a reasonable and reputable mechanics in stockton ca.any leads would be greatly appreciated
JRust
QUOTE(914challenge @ Jun 27 2011, 02:03 PM) *

just bought a 1973 914 2.0 and in need of a reasonable and reputable mechanics in stockton ca.any leads would be greatly appreciated

I would recommend McMark from Original customs. He is in Sonoma but I'd trust him with any 914 related issue. I took him my LE recently after spending a good year at a supposed reputable shop. Finally picked it up & towed it 8+ hours to have Mark fix it. He had it running in 2 hours biggrin.gif . While he doesn't work for free he is very reasonable & worth every damn penny beer.gif . He is a moderator here & is pretty easy to find
orange914
Hey John
welcome.png
Glad to see you on the site. great place to find anything you want to know about 914's but were afraid to ask.

I know your wondering who the hell is this??? happy11.gif

I talked to you about some parts and you are coming down to ceres tomorrow to look over your 73'
Tom_T
welcome.png

... and if you're getting Mike's 914, then you got a beaut!!!! shades.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jun 27 2011, 04:21 PM) *

welcome.png

Mike's 914 even knows the way to McMark's shop... I remember seeing it with it's tail end in the air just inside the door one day getting one of Mark's dual o-ring speedo drives. Nice car.
orange914
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 27 2011, 08:15 PM) *

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jun 27 2011, 04:21 PM) *

welcome.png

Mike's 914 even knows the way to McMark's shop... I remember seeing it with it's tail end in the air just inside the door one day getting one of Mark's dual o-ring speedo drives. Nice car.

Thanks, thats an honor coming from you guys. Sadly it has a new owner in Pa, fortunately a good owner that will take care of her.

Waiting for our next 914... smile.gif

Mike
Steve
I used to take my 914 to Stutgart west, when I lived there back in the 80's
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.