Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can anyone tell me what brand these might be?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tscrihfield
These were in my original Strut tubes and I have never seen a pair like this before. My guess is that these are original Koni's but I am unsure. What do ya think?

IPB Image

IPB Image
Andyrew
Push the shaft all the way down and turn it to the right, if it spins and then stops after say 10 turns or less, and does the same the opposite, its a koni red. (This is the adjust-ability of the shock)

I havent looked at mine in a long time so I forgot if there is any markings on them.
SLITS
Koni "Collapse to Adjust" will not only have the Koni Name / Symbol stamped into the barrel, they will also have the word "heavy" followed by an arrow to indicate direction to turn to increase dampening.

Cap'n Krusty
Ummmmmmmmmm, have you read the markings on the insert?

The Cap'n
Tom_T
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jun 27 2011, 03:30 PM) *

Koni "Collapse to Adjust" will not only have the Koni Name / Symbol stamped into the barrel, they will also have the word "heavy" followed by an arrow to indicate direction to turn to increase dampening.

agree.gif

It should have Koni Logo (triangle stamped in metal back in the day) & should have either HD above or SD (mine were SD from 1980 when I replaced the F strut inserts).

If no Koni markings, then there was some off brand made in Mexico IIRC which was also painted red-orange to fool the unwary back in the day! dry.gif
.... AFAIK those were POS aftermarket/non-OEM-OES strut inserts too! sad.gif
jmill
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Jun 27 2011, 05:44 PM) *

Ummmmmmmmmm, have you read the markings on the insert?

The Cap'n

agree.gif Chances are good if you googled the part number on them, you'd know what you had. Showing us the first 3 numbers would also help.
tscrihfield
Okay, I did google the part number and I forgot to include it with the first post... I meant to. The Part number is 82R1730 701. I dont see any Koni emblem anywhere on them. However I did twist them and they got a lot tighter...

Thomas
tscrihfield
The part number states that they are Koni (Red)... Wow this parts car gets better and better... I assumed that the fronts would be because the backs are as well. Not a bad deal...

Thomas
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.