Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Big ass thank you thread for all who participated in WCR
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JRust
I just wanted to say thanks again first to Drew Montoya beer.gif . Drew was our eyes, ears, Finance guy & point man in White city. No way we would have had such a great WCR without him beerchug.gif You rock dude & kept me as sane as possible blink.gif

2nd thanks to John (Jakeodoule). He made all the awards first.gif . They were absolutely the coolest awards given out. John also helped a ton in planning. Despite me screwing things up with the trophies & not getting him some gears. He still came through & didn't even smack me for it confused24.gif . Your the best John aktion035.gif

Mike Knox setup a great drive for us on Saturday. His directions were absolutely the most detailed I have ever had. He had everything down to the 10th of a mile. Of course most our 914 mileage may be off a bit huh.gif . Still after losing only 2 on the first part. We all met at the park & were golden from there.

Really the biggest thanks go to all of you who came! pray.gif
I just enjoyed seeing you all there. While I had hoped for a bigger turn out. The people who made it were just awesome. I think we set a WCR record for being in our hotel rooms early WTF.gif . Thursday night parking lot was empty by 10:30 blink.gif . Friday night was closer to 12pm ( I think). Saturday was a little more normal with a the 1-2 around the fire party.

As far as 914's go. I have to say a special thank to McMark for getting my LE running. Not only that but he personally delivered it to WCR. I had a great time at the autox with it driving.gif . It worked flawelessly all weekend. Speaking of the autoX here is a link to the Paddock where I posted times http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...=0#entry1501620

Of all the people I met for the first time. I have to say that I was most impressed with Brian & Eric. Both are great people & it was a pleasure to see them enjoy the weekend together. Eric you were awesome helping at the AutoX at the time table. Although I know you were mostly hitting on Anna drooley.gif . Brian I gotta say if I aspire to be even half the dad you are. I will count my life well lived. You are a dedicated & loving dad. It was truly a pleasure to see you with Eric. You inspire me te be a better father & I gotta admit I thought I was a pretty damn good one before meeting you dry.gif . beerchug.gif bud & hope to see you both again soon biggrin.gif

I can't wait to see where the heck next years is going to be piratenanner.gif
IM101
agree.gif it was an excellent first event for me. Got to drive a 914 for the first time, in an auto cross no less evilgrin.gif (thanks for the le Jamie) see some insanely cool cars and meet some all around cool people.. not to mention my girlfriend (Anna) had a great time too, got to love that!
So thanks to everyone involved not only did you get me doubly motivated to get cracking on my project but also made it quite clear that this is a pretty damn cool group to be a part of.

Special thanks to Jamie for organizaing aswell, and what do u mean can't wait to find out about next year? I thought everyone had decided you are doing it again? evilgrin.gif

Ian
aircooledtechguy
Huge THANK YOU to Drew, Jamie, John, Mike and others who were involved with all the planning and execution of this epic weekend. beerchug.gif

My son and I had the best time we have ever had with our car. Thanks to all whom we met and shared time with over the course of the event. You all made it very special for us. Thanks as well to Greenie, The General, Kelty, Kevin, Rocky, Dave, Jerry, John, Brian and Eric for the great caravaning down and back. It's a stress reliever to have folks around on drives that long in near 35+ y/o cars just in case issues come up. . . beerchug.gif
aircooledtechguy
BTW Ian, you need to get Anna out on the track with that Subaru wagon. She drives the wheels off that thing driving-girl.gif first.gif
JRust
QUOTE(aircooledtechguy @ Jun 29 2011, 01:01 PM) *

Huge THANK YOU to Drew, Jamie, John, Mike and others who were involved with all the planning and execution of this epic weekend. beerchug.gif

My son and I had the best time we have ever had with our car. Thanks to all whom we met and shared time with over the course of the event. You all made it very special for us. Thanks as well to Greenie, The General, Kelty, Kevin, Rocky, Dave, Jerry, John, Brian and Eric for the great caravaning down and back. It's a stress reliever to have folks around on drives that long in near 35+ y/o cars just in case issues come up. . . beerchug.gif

Slideways Nate is the man biggrin.gif
greenie
I posted this in the picture thread last night but it really belongs here.

Despite the falsehoods and misrepresentations of my car and the size of my head (to be contested elsewhere), we had a fantastic time at the WCR this year!

Every Ramble is unique; each one has been tremendous fun but this was a little different for me. Maybe it’s because I’m getting to know everyone a little better; I look forward to seeing all you guys at least once a year.

Some really good memories from WCR this year:

My first AutoCross – what a blast!! (I won’t mention my Legendary & Epic Endurance run here).

Despite Britain’s driver instructions to be “off the gas” when crossing the finish line, witnessing first Rocky and then Nate go sideways (in Nate’s case not once but two times when he overcorrects) at the finish line.

Sir Andy jumping up to hug Rick the Alien when he pulls in late Friday night.

Drew keeping us fed the entire weekend with great BBQ and sharp wit.

Amoy – enough said!

The General requesting to substitute chicken for salami on the Three Salami sandwich, and then asking the waiter to tell the kitchen “please don’t spit in it”.

McMark fixing everything that needed to be fixed with urgency and precision.

Eric busting on his Dad!

Jamie, in addition to being a great host, turning in blistering times at the autocross in a car he just got on the road.

Jim Hoyland busting out his Iconic Yellow Shorts for the banquet!

Seeing Sawtooth drive the beautiful car that he just completed, and watching how much fun his wife had laughing at all of us clowns at the Banquet.

Witnessing Ashlee say that she could “hang with Amoy” and two hours later earning her ‘That Girl’ award. If you’re gonna run with the big dogs . . . .

Everyone Saturday night asking “What are we doing for next year’s Ramble”?

All the Teeners clearing out the bikers at the Lake of the Woods, they know who the badasses are.

I’ve missed a few but I know most of you guys have very short attention spans.
jzdu
I was able to meet a few of you and see lots of great cars. Sorry I didn't have more time to spend getting to know eveyone. I had family/work to tend to. I guess that's what happens when the event is in your hometown.

My car left me stranded along Hwy140, but the train of 914s pulled over and got me going!

Thanks to those that diagnosed my bad fuel pump relay.

Brian
montoya 73 2.0
I want to thank everyone who attended the event. It was a blast! It was well worth all the time it took to plan, I can now cut my 3 foot tall Lawn and my wife now gets to actually spend some time with me! She is so lucky! chair.gif

It was good seeing some familiar faces and meeting new ones. I especially would like to thank the families, spouses and the children that were brought out! Thank you for sharing your #1 priority peoples in your lives with the rest of us! That shows trust and character, which is why My wife and kids weren't there. I don't trust you crazy bastards! Hahahahaaaaa! Just kidding!!! biggrin.gif

As anyone who knows me, knows that I like giving the wives, girlfriends and especially the kids a hard time all in fun!

-Loser Cruiser (Ian), Tell her it's not all about her? blink.gif
-Morgan, meeting your wife just assures me that you need to be glad she is beautiful and that your two girls take after her! Make sure the oldest wears those ear muffs and also Don't feed that little polar bear! w00t.gif
-Curt, Janet is fabulous! Keep up the good work. You have trained her well!!! poke.gif
-Jamie, your better half has done a fantastic job with the twins! Stay out of her way slap.gif
-Amoy, your nucking futs!!! I love ya my sista! WTF.gif
-Mrs. Tabor, what type of information does Jim have on you for you to put up with that behavior for 43 years? I'm so sorry! confused24.gif
-Mrs. Mikey914, you are a fabulous A/X driver! driving-girl.gif Tell your Miss Minaj bottoms up. shades.gif
-Mrs. Danno Dixon, your my hero! first.gif

To all of those I've missed, you will not escape me forever! You will have your chance to be embarrased that you know me! happy11.gif

I put this also in the origianl WCR thread but its already on the 2nd page so no one will see it.
aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(JRust @ Jun 29 2011, 01:04 PM) *

QUOTE(aircooledtechguy @ Jun 29 2011, 01:01 PM) *

Huge THANK YOU to Drew, Janie Jamie, John, Mike and others who were involved with all the planning and execution of this epic weekend. beerchug.gif

Fix my name you pecker head dry.gif biggrin.gif

Steven Tyler ain't kiddin'; Janie does have a gun! poke.gif
JRust
All better. Like I don't have enough problems with people thinking Jamie is a girls name. Janie is definately a girls name laugh.gif
Dr Evil
Jamie is one UGLY chick poke.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.