Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel Grade Trunk sticker source
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
barada
Click to view attachment
Does anyone make the fuel sticker that goes on the passenger wheel well? Not knowing it was even there as I was stripping my paint I went through mine. I could live with it, but would replace if available.
Here is a pic of what I am talking about.
Also, is the Vin suppose to be raw metal right there? If it is is it just cleared over?My car had been painted twice and I would like for that to be correct.

Thanks
Phillip
Tom_T
Phillip,

AA sells a repro fuel grade sticker for a few bucks.

The VIN stamping on the wheel housing top was taped off & left raw metal at the factory. Later DAPO repaints cover them if it's too much trouble to stick tape, or don't know to do so. I use a swipe of WD40 to keep it from rusting over. Clear coat enamel will do the same I suppose.

FYI - Acetone & a soft touch with a soft rag & Q-tips is the best way to lift paint off of the stickers, plates & labels. Let it set after a first swipe of acetone with a Q-tip, let it bubble up some & then work gently to get the paint but not the label/sticker. I was able to uncover my original factory VIN sticker on the L-R door jamb from 4 oversprays that way, with very little damage to the original sticker.
barada
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jun 30 2011, 12:18 AM) *

Phillip,

AA sells a repro fuel grade sticker for a few bucks.

The VIN stamping on the wheel housing top was taped off & left raw metal at the factory. Later DAPO repaints cover them if it's too much trouble to stick tape, or don't know to do so. I use a swipe of WD40 to keep it from rusting over. Clear coat enamel will do the same I suppose.

FYI - Acetone & a soft touch with a soft rag & Q-tips is the best way to lift paint off of the stickers, plates & labels. Let it set after a first swipe of acetone with a Q-tip, let it bubble up some & then work gently to get the paint but not the label/sticker. I was able to uncover my original factory VIN sticker on the L-R door jamb from 4 oversprays that way, with very little damage to the original sticker.

Thanks Tom,

I just flat out was not aware it was there, I was just skimming the area and nicked it, after I noticed it I did remove the paint with some thinner.

Actually I was able to lift my Vin sticker off the door jamb by heating it up and slowly pulling it up. I plan on regluing it back when it is painted.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.