Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914/6's with front oil coolers and stock style oil tanks
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
John
I'm about to re-configure my car (914/6 3.2 conversion).

I have a front mounted oil tank currently and am going to install a factory style tank.

I currently have a front mounted cooler.

I ran the return line (from the pump outlet) up front to a thermostat, the cooler, and then to the front trunk mounted tank.

I plan on relocating the thermostat to the engine compartment then to and from the cooler and then return to the fender mounted tank.

I think I have the feed line from the tank to the engine figured out.

I am using "-AN" style fittings.

Any pics would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.
PRS914-6
Here is a front and rear shot. The left line goes under the gas tank and they both go down the long. Thermostat should be as close to motor as possible
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
John
Paul!

Thanks! That's exactly what I was looking for. My "return" line already runs up inside the passenger side heater tube. I plan on having the line from the front cooler come back to the rear down the passenger side as well.

Can I get you to take a pic of the line connecting to the tank? I didn't realize I could go OVER the engine mount to return to the tank.

Thanks and as always more pictures are always welcome.

Cairo94507
Paul,
That is a very clean set-up for oil lines. I seriously need to come to Sacramento and see your car. How is your schedule in July?
Michael
J P Stein
QUOTE(John @ Jun 29 2011, 09:54 PM) *

Paul!

Thanks! That's exactly what I was looking for. My "return" line already runs up inside the passenger side heater tube. I plan on having the line from the front cooler come back to the rear down the passenger side as well.

Can I get you to take a pic of the line connecting to the tank? I didn't realize I could go OVER the engine mount to return to the tank.

Thanks and as always more pictures are always welcome.

My return line went under the mount but tucked up as close as possible.
BKLA
here's an image from the modified 911 oil cooler to the DWdesignworks oil tank.

Click to view attachment
PRS914-6
A couple more.....
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
JmuRiz
Showoff biggrin.gif
John
Thanks for the pictures guys!

Please keep posting them.

I didn't realize that the return to tank line went through the engine shelf, but it makes more sense after seeing it.

If I could get a few more pictures showing the return line going through the engine shelf, it would be great.

Thanks!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.