Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel Injection Rubber Elbows
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
eric9144
I run stock FI on my '74 2.0 and it works great. However, as most things on our nearly 40 yr old cars, parts wear out, get bonked and need replacing.

A couple years back I noticed that my "Stacked Elbow" on my FI had a split in it and was causing performance issues...I siliconed it up (was at an auto-x at the time) and thought, "no problem, I'll pick up a new one later" and forgot about it...The silicon held for a long time.

Those parts are now NLA, AA has a repro which I ordered and received (after a several month wait) and the quality is pretty bad--the molding is uneven and it looks like they had to shave out irregularities with a razor blade post production...not confidence inspiring.

I'm wondering if anyone else has a better solution or knows of replacement parts for the stacked elbow that aren't crap.

It will be sad if this is the only thing out there...
Dave_Darling
Isn't 914rubber making those too?

There isn't any magic to the stacked elbow, it really just hooks two different sized hoses together and connects them to the manifold. So you can run a hose from the manifold to a T and a reducer, courtesy of the plumbing department at your local hardware store. You'll probably want to tie-wrap it to something to keep it from flailing around, and it won't look close to original, but it'll work fine.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.