I am selling my project 914 because I'm strapped for cash at the moment. It was my dream to fix up this car so I'm hoping it will go to good use.

It's a 1975 914, originally a 1.8, but I replaced the engine after the first one died. The current engine is a 1.7. This car is smog exempt.

-The exterior is in fair condition. Only minimal rust and only on the front hood/cowl area. Needs new front fenders and a paint job. VERY good condition 2.0 Fuchs wheels.
-The interior is in good condition. The carpets need to be replaced, but a new carpet kit would be included (valued at $149) The seats are in good condition and covered.
-The engine is not currently running. It spun a rod bearing last year and it has been sitting since. It's a 1.7 flat 4 with dual DelLorto carburetors The car is registered as a Non-Op. It's a salvage title but the body is straight.

The wheels (see above), tires (near new), carburetors (recently rebuilt), and struts/shocks (near-new KYB gas-adjust) are worth around $1300 by themselves, so I'm just trying to get my value out of the car.

This was my first car and would be a great project car. It would also be a fantastic parts car for any of your current projects.

If interested, email me or call Joe at (510) 719-0007

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
View the full article