Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another 914 Father Gone :-(
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
racerbvd
Driving back from picking up the Turbo from Joe at Series 9, I called my good friends Ray & Judy Alden, we had been trying to get together for lunch for some time now, Ray bought his 914-6 brand new. Judy gave me the sad new that Ray passed yesterday, she said he had been pretty sick the last few weeks.. sad.gif
Most of you didn't know Ray, but I'm sure many of you had seen his 914-6..
Click to view attachment
Ray & Judy have owned many Porsches (including a 904) over the years and were very active in PCA before it went into the crapper, and won many awards, he not only councoursed (and often won) his 914-6, but wasn't afraid to flog it at an Auto-X..
Click to view attachment
He was a greeat friend who lived life to its fullest and will be missed very much. When I grow up, I want to be like Ray...
Click to view attachment
Ray & Judy were very active in the wooden boat World, and the last boat they restored and played with was also in a book on Chris Craft, this was my favorite of theirs..
Click to view attachment
SirAndy
sad.gif
carr914
R.I.P.

and may he enjoy the Great RaceTrack in Heaven that makes the Nurburgring look like a kids SlipNSlide
krazykonrad
Thoughts and prayers.

Konrad
EdwardBlume
I'll flash my lights in his honor on Saturday.
rick 918-S
Sorry to read this here. sad.gif RIP
71six
Did Ray have a brother in Vermont? In the 70's I had my 914-6 serviced at Al Aldens Porsche dealership in White River Junction,VT. Al was keeping some of his brothers cars there and one of them was a 904. Somewhere I have a few photographs of some of the cars rolled out onto the lawn beside the dealership on a sunny day.
Mark in NH
racerbvd
QUOTE(71six @ Jul 1 2011, 04:03 PM) *

Did Ray have a brother in Vermont? In the 70's I had my 914-6 serviced at Al Aldens Porsche dealership in White River Junction,VT. Al was keeping some of his brothers cars there and one of them was a 904. Somewhere I have a few photographs of some of the cars rolled out onto the lawn beside the dealership on a sunny day.
Mark in NH

Yes, that was him, please share the pictures, I'm sure Judy would enjoy seeing them. Should have been a 356 as well, Judy will be putting that up for sale, they sold the 904 a few years back..
BuddyV
Seemed like a very, VERY respectable life. Sad news.

championgt1
Sorry for the loss of your friend. sad.gif RIP
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.