Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Part number 901 332 209 22 what do I have?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
Ok, tried selling these on Pelican a while ago as 70-71 911 stub axles (that's how they are tagged), but was told they look like trans output flanges. I have done a search on that part number and havent got answer on it. I asked the question on pelican 911 forum and so far got two smart ass PM messages and a post of my original FS ad.

So I ask here can anyone tell me for sure? Point me to something that has that part number listed?
John
Those are trans output flanges. Early 911. 4-bolt, 2-pin.

the more common number ended in .21

just my $0.02 (and I didn't charge you anything, so no bitchin')
GaroldShaffer
Thanks John, no bitchin here. Sorry if I can across that way with my question, just the two Pm messages I got from guys on pelican really pissed me off. Again thank you for the info. beer.gif
type47
http://www.porsche.com/all/media/pdf/origi..._73_KATALOG.pdf

in the 305 illustrations, has a tranny flange with 901.332.209.xx but xx is different than .22. or look in the 65-69 catalog in the tranny section.
John
Is the part number actually on those parts? Most of the trans output flanges I have come across don't seem to have had part numbers on them.

I saw the .21 part number in either a 69 or 70 parts book. (the .22 must have been a short lived revision)

GaroldShaffer
Yep part number is on them. Here is what I have.

John
Yup, output flanges.
SLITS
And you worry about what a couple of assdragging, pinky lifting, gold chain, whine & cheese Buzzards have to say?

One of these days they will realize that all they own are parts cars for donation to a much better car.
GaroldShaffer
Nah, I really don't care what they say.

Thanks guys. Any idea of value of these?
GeorgeRud
It looks like they have the correct number of splines to fit into a 901 transmission, so should be useful for someone that is converting to the larger 911 CV joints.

As previously mentioned, the 911 does provide a nice source of parts for our cars!
It seems that the latest trend in Porschedom is people starting to put 997 parts into Caymans and Boxsters. What goes around comes around (though I suspect with a lot more complications than we have to deal with).

John
I believe that those SHOULD be for 108mm CV joints, but you would need to verify. I think the early ones did have big CV's.

I also believe that they have M8 threads instead of the later M10 threads.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.