Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cool replacement parts I have in the works...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Qarl
I have finally sourced and confirmed production of LED replacement bulbs for the backlighting of the gauges. I am getting my test set early next week and I will post photos of their effectiveness.

They will be compatible with the varying voltage of our electrical system, but will most likely not have brightness control with the headlight switch. But, we want brighter gauges, right? No more yellowish lighting! They will last longer and be cooler as well.

The good news is that they are wide angle (due to the inverted lense on the top) and they diffuse light sideways instead of straight ahead).

Cost should be reasonable, per bulb. $2.50 or so. If there are 5 bulbs for lighting in the set of 3 gauges, it should be pretty good bang for the buck!

It will still take 45 days or so to get the bulk quantity order in, so I won't take orders yet. But I want to let you know they are coming?

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

I can also get yellow and green, but I don't think the demand will be high enough for these colors.

I have also inquired about having reasonably priced 55 watt Halogen fog light bulbs with the correct base made for the factory fog lights assemblies. I am awaiting the price quotes. These will fit in the stock housing and wil be significantly brighter than the stock 35 watt bulbs.

These used to be available from a company in England for around $30 a pair or something, but supposedly aren't available any longer.

When pricing and functionality are confirmed, I will post my usual thread and take orders. If you think you may be interested in any of the LED or foglight bulbs (and you have'nt responded to one of my earlier posts), add your name here and what you would be interested in.

Also in the works...

Tail light lense seals (easy to get made)

Tail light housing seals (working on it).

What do you think about these???
3d914
Sounds cool Karl,

I actually might like the green, as it may go well in my Ravenna 914. I'm also intrested in the upgrade for driving lights.

OT: Is your car finished yet?

Enjoy!
Qarl
My car is not finished. It is on hold as I have been busy with moving into the new house and other things.

It should start back up in a month or so.

Regards,

Karl
GaroldShaffer
Fog light bulbs & either the white or red led for the gauges si what I would be interested in.
Aaron Cox
interested in gauge lights (console too) clear,
and high power fog's
PorscheTom
I'm interested in the fog light bulbs (and a couple lenses if anyone has any spares - mine are both cracked) and either red or white gauge lighting - both the dash and console gauges.

Thanks for your work on this!
Qarl
I don't have center console gauges.

What kind of bulbs do they use? Are they the same as the backlighting for the gauges?

Can someone post a picture.

Thanks!
JWest
Cool.

The console gauges use the same bulbs and holders as the regular gauges. One light per gauge.
Rouser
A full set of white bulbs for dash and console gauges. Yep, that'll do it.
Korijo
I got 3 extra sets of the seals. And 3 sets of direct replacement, 55W halogen bulbs for fogs.

Who wants some ? Bulbs : $50 Seals : $10 shipped
StratPlayer
Great, complete set to the cluster and bulbs for 4 center console gauges. Green and white 2 sets
Qarl
Thanks for the replies.
Neal
I would want gauge lights (white and blue) and center console lights (white and blue), this is so I could effectivley change my mood on a whim.

Thanks
Neal huh.gif ohmy.gif wink.gif biggrin.gif unsure.gif sad.gif mad.gif wacko.gif
maf914
Karl,

Good to see you back on the board. Is it purely coincidence that both you and Miles returned at the same time? Hmmm? laugh.gif

All your products look good. I'll order both type seals. And a set of clear instrument bulbs. Brighter rear bulbs sound good, too.

Mike
Qarl
Who's your Daddy?
jim912928
I'll take a full set of gauge and console (white) lights when you have them...everything is out of the car now so timing could be great!
72914S
The red ones for me !!! keep us informed.
SpecialK
idea.gif I'm thinking two sets of dash LED's (red), and one set of halogen bulbs.
Gint
I could go for one set of each color dash bulbs. That way, I can try 'em all and see which one I like the best. They're cheap enough.
URY914
Count me out. WAY too heavy, biggrin.gif

Paul
STL914
Karl,

I'd be interested in red or white gauge lighting for both the dash and console gauges. Keep us posted.
nein14
smilie_pokal.gif I 'll take 2 sets of the white, can't wait!!
Good Job!!!!!
Qarl
I am looking into a dimmer circuit that works with LEDs. If I can have it made reasonable enough, it may be something that can be added in-line for those that absolutely have to have dimmer control.
JmuRiz
Dimmer, that sounds funny to me...we've all been searching for brighter lights in our gauges...now we want a dimmer wink.gif

When I hear/see how they look I'll be down for a set biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.