Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I give up!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
superdad88
After a few more days of trying to get the car running and not having any luck I have called in the pro's. They will be coming to pick it up after the long weekend and starting on getting it running.

I would of liked to kept working on it but now im at the point where I just want to drive it and start doing other things with it, like new paint and a few other goodies.

Thanks to all that have given me pointers, I have learned alot in the past week about these cars and I am looking forward to learning more.

Jason
matteyp
I've felt your pain for a couple years my friend. Keep at it is the only advice I can give wacko.gif
Ian Stott
I waited three years for my first drive but man it was a shit eating grin first drive! Now when I jump in I still remember the long wait and I appreciate every drive I take.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
superdad88
I am sure I will enjoy the car even if it takes 2 months to get back. smile.gif I am excited to see and take my 6 year old daughter for a ride. She still has no idea I bought it.
SGB
BTDT.

Try to pick the brains of the folks after it is running for future reference. Maybe you can avoid 'em next time.

smile.gif
SLITS
Don't give up. My history of learning these cars started 40+ years ago and I still don't know anything.

He is a labor of love for an antiquated machine. Each has, in it's own right, a personality. He allows me to learn, make mistakes, puts gigantic smiles on my face when we are in harmony on the road.
76-914
QUOTE(Ian Stott @ Jul 1 2011, 05:39 AM) *

I waited three years for my first drive but man it was a shit eating grin first drive! Now when I jump in I still remember the long wait and I appreciate every drive I take.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada

agree.gif When I got mine running I went for a drive w/o windshield or doors. BTW, windshields make a HUGE difference. Who knows; you might have one of these screwing things up.

Click to view attachment
Cupomeat
QUOTE(76-914 @ Jul 1 2011, 10:02 AM) *

QUOTE(Ian Stott @ Jul 1 2011, 05:39 AM) *

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada

agree.gif When I got mine running I went for a drive w/o windshield or doors. BTW, windshields make a HUGE difference. Who knows; you might have one of these screwing things up.

Click to view attachment

WOW, that is some SERIOUS cam timing retardation! HOLY SH*T, how long did it take to get that way? I am really surprised by those elongated holes as you'd think it would always be creating a drag on the gear and wouldn't wear back and forth.
AMAZING

Now, to the current thread. Good for you, no sense letting pride get in the way of enjoying your car. Just try to learn from their knowledge.
pt_700
sounds familiar. had mine towed to the shop this morning. tow was 1 hour late and they sent a wrecker instead of a flatbed but, we made it ok. here's hoping both of us are enjoying driving our 914's soon!

windforfun
"A man has got to know his limitations."

shades.gif shades.gif shades.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.