Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New 94mm Cylinders and Pistons from Mahle from 1988
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Daiberl
I bought a complete 2.0 engine with weber carbs, a tranny, and other parts for my next winter project. The seller also gave me a complete set of 94mm pistons/cylinders from Mahle, US version, still in original box, never used (even the original bill from 1988).

How much are they worth, I don't need them since I plan to build a 2056 or 2270 over the winter months so I want to put them up for sale in the classifieds.

- Juergen
reharvey
They sell for $500 to $600 retail if you can find them. smile.gif
reharvey
Amazon.com has a set of these on their site. Check it out.
Daiberl
How can I find out whether they are real Mahle, here are some pictures and in the pistons it says Mahle and on top of the pistons is a stamp saying 93.97
Daiberl
One more
stugray
those are the deep dish pistons.

I believe they came from a 2.0L Bus.

If they were flat top, I was about to snatch them up ;-)

Stu
Daiberl
I thought the US pistons where the deep dish and the European version had flat top, is this wrong???

- Juergen
'73-914kid
Bus pistons (the one's pictured) have a 15cc dish. the stock US 7.6:1 compression ratio pistons have about a 6cc's if I remember correctly. the Euro pistons bring the CR up to 8.1:1. Euro pistons have a 3cc dish IIRC.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.