Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 914-4 SCCA Race Car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
carr914
For Sale - SCCA Race CAR ( LeMons potential)

I picked this car up in a package Deal & would like to pass it along.

I don't know anything about it's History, only that it was raced in SCCA. The guy I got it from bought it and a 914 from me years ago and was going to have a 2 Car Team. The car has been sitting for a while, but has been stored Indoors

I know I could part it out, but would like to give someone a chance to have a complete deal.

$2,000

T.C.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
carr914
This car is being delivered to my house tomorrow.

I did get the Title & the SCCA Log Book today. According to the Log Book it was driven @ Roebling Road in Savannah for a Driver's School once in 2003 - that's it. Maybe the guy scared himself?

There appears to be no damage to the car and the pictures in the Log Book look like the car today except in the Log Book it had Fuchs

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
r_towle
better pics of the rust spots please, and the cage.
Seat position, backpad, seat etc...I am 6'2"
Also, what (if you know) is the current motor?

Rich
carr914
Car is being delivered to my house today
racerbvd
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jul 6 2011, 06:38 AM) *

Car is being delivered to my house today

Where is it coming from??

beer.gif

carr914
Clearwater
carr914
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jul 2 2011, 08:39 AM) *

better pics of the rust spots please, and the cage.
Seat position, backpad, seat etc...I am 6'2"
Also, what (if you know) is the current motor?

Rich

I took some pics, but I ran out of time this morning re-sizing them - I'll post them tonight - I didn't find any rust-thru, just surface rust in a couple spots.

It must have a small shunt in the left front. It didn't have a clip put in, but pulled & straightened
carr914
Drivers Side front from inside the trunk where it was hit at some point. They must have replaced the Fender because there is no damage to it

Click to view attachment

The Hell-Hole

Click to view attachment

Rear Trunk

Click to view attachment
carr914
I will get it up on the lift this weekend. It looks so solid & the cage so stout that I may have to make the decision to keep it. If I do, then the Yellow car will be For Sale as I don't have the room for 3 Teeners

Click to view attachment
racerbvd
I like, too bad I have to replace the wood floors in my house sad.gif (slab leak)
MikeSpraggi
Wish I had seen this 12 months ago.
usa4cheer
well...
carr914
QUOTE(usa4cheer @ Jul 7 2011, 10:58 PM) *

well...

Well....What?

I just stated that I was going to get it on the Lift this weekend and make a decision.

Of course, if someone wants to buy both cars from me for $?k, I'll do it and buy Elliot's Zonker
racerbvd
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jul 8 2011, 05:59 AM) *

well...

Well....What?

I just stated that I was going to get it on the Lift this weekend and make a decision.

Of course, if someone wants to buy both cars from me for $6k, I'll do it and buy Elliot's Zonker

Now, that is a DEAL!!!!
Ottoman
popcorn[1].gif
carr914
QUOTE(racerbvd @ Jul 8 2011, 04:51 PM) *

well...

Well....What?

Of course, if someone wants to buy both cars from me for $6k, I'll do it and buy Elliot's Zonker

Now, that is a DEAL!!!!

QUOTE(Ottoman @ Jul 8 2011, 11:25 PM) *

popcorn[1].gif

The SCCA Racer as it sits (minus the OMP Steering Wheel - I need it). It will need at least 2 tires as they keep going flat.

uglracerx@verizon.net
Loser_Cruiser
How difficult and expensive do you think shipping would be for the two? Whats the condition of the flared car rust wise? and does it have the six mounts and tank?
racerbvd
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jul 9 2011, 07:48 AM) *

QUOTE(racerbvd @ Jul 8 2011, 04:51 PM) *

well...

Well....What?

Now, that is a DEAL!!!!

QUOTE(Ottoman @ Jul 8 2011, 11:25 PM) *

popcorn[1].gif

Help me buy the Zonker & I'll make you a Killer Deal

The SCCA Racer as it sits (minus the OMP Steering Wheel - I need it). It will need at least 2 tires as they keep going flat.

The Yellow Flared Roller - with 2.4 T Motor ( don't know the condition), Tranny & 16" Fuchs ( will need 1 tire). This has Carrera Calipers on the Front & M Calipers on the rear.

If I can sell these very quickly ( so I can buy the Zonker) I will sell the Pair for $5,000. This is considerably less than what I paid and what I think they are worth.

T.C.

uglracerx@verizon.net

If at this very moment, there weren't contractors ripping out my tile & wood floors, & I had sold one of the 944s I would be splurging, just no room or funds... sad.gif
carr914
QUOTE(Loser_Cruiser @ Jul 10 2011, 12:30 PM) *

How difficult and expensive do you think shipping would be for the two? Whats the condition of the flared car rust wise? and does it have the six mounts and tank?

Shipping - not terribly difficult, however both would be considered Rollers as the SCCA car has not been run in quite a while & the Carbs should be gone thru. I've shipped a bunch of cars buy never 2 at a time. I would normally guess that about $1200 a car, but you could probably get a discount for 2.

The Flared car has minimal rust, a lot of which I ground down last weekend ( the Weather sucked this weekend) - the passenger door has a rust hole about 2 inches long and there is a rust hole under the passenger seat that I know wasn't there in '03. It never had a Bulkhead mount - in '03, it had a Patrick Conversion Bar ( no longer made, that attached to the -4 mounting points). That mount & Tank I used in a Conversion Car in '04, so No it does not have them.

T.C.

Byron, I figured I would have hooked you at 5k - Good Luck on the House

FourBlades
Dang! That is some kind of a deal.

I would be after one or both of those cars if i had room.

John
MikeSpraggi
What size engine is in the SCCA car?
carr914
Pretty Sure it's a 2.0

I was going to bring it from the Carport in the rear of the house to the lift in the Garage in front, but the weather sucked this weekend
racerbvd
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jul 10 2011, 12:32 PM) *

T.C.

Byron, I figured I would have hooked you at 5k - Good Luck on the House

Thanks, gonna be a pain, tile is up in two rooms and since one of those is the John, figured it was a good time to upgrade the Throne bootyshake.gif (more $$$ out) Still, if we can up up with a trade for the SCCA car, I'll find a place for it..
Click to view attachment
carr914
Obviously I've gotten a lot of looks and a few eMails, but

I need to move these to buy the Zonker, but I'm afraid that the Z will be gone soon if I don't act. If the Z gets sold I will be back to keeping one of the 2
carr914
Anybody?

Bueller....Bueller

Bueller
carr914
I might have a Sale - Dreamer thought he could have a $2k Car and go racing next weekend backed out

I'm keeping the Yellow Flared roller. I will be selling the 911 Core motor ( SOLD) & eventually the 16" Fuchs
carr914
SOLD
carr914
Someone had sent me a PM on the Yellow car that was very interested, But I must have Deleted it

Please re-PM me

T.C.
racerbvd
Enjoyed hanging out with you at Joes the other day & congrats on the sale.. Had you been able that it would run and take FTD at Parade, I would have bought it right off.. stirthepot.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.