Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: a/x video
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Trekkor
Just got a digital video cam and an in car mount.
The mount has a large suction cup to mount to any window surface. The picture on the box actually shows an option with it attached to the outside of the car on the door, a la Dukes of Hazard. I'll mount it to the inside of the rear window for easy operation.

Here's the scenario: record the first run. Watch the video on grid before the next run!

Then I hand off the cam to my wife to record footage of me and my 914 friends.

The camera comes with video editing software and frame by frame advancing for individual still capturing.

It's awesome! JVC GR-D72 $399 at Costco. Had a $50 off coupon to boot. smile.gif

Having video to watch and show keeps me all hopped up wacko.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(trekkor @ Jun 18 2004, 09:43 PM)
Then I hand off the cam to my wife to record footage of me and my 914 friends

you pervert!

just kidding, i hope that "suction cup" works out for 'ya ...
laugh.gif Andy
Demick
I'm in need of a new video camera. I've looked at that model. $350 is a very good deal. Where did you get the coupon?

Dunno if you will be allowed to run at the autox with the camera suction mounted like that. Generally I think they would prefer to see a more secure mount.

Demick
Trekkor
The coupon came in the mail. May be available at the store or online ( costco.com? )

The mount was purcahsed a Wine Country Motorsports at Infineon ( Sears Point ) Raceway.
It should be very high quality ( German made ) wink.gif

The suction cup is very powerful and is controlled by a lever, not just lick and stick.
Also has a safety strap.
grayson
Speaking of in car cams.

The best damn in-car vid I've ever seen: http://nurburgring.de/eventdetails.php3?id...0101_v&lang=deu
or just:
http://62.241.32.27/download/?Frank_Stippler.wmv
windows media video (WMV) 20 minutes on the nurburgring in a 996.
Trekkor
Tried the mount on the vineyard lap today.

Really nice. No vibration at all. Looks just like you're sitting next to me. Easy operation from the driver's seat.
The sound comes through quite well also, so the whole MOOD and JOY is captured. Ahhhh.
Trekkor
pic1
Trekkor
pic2
banderson
Look for a wide angle lense. It makes all the difference.
crash914
Hey B, step on it...you should have more rpm's at that point.....

wink.gif
Trekkor
This camera is a real kick.
Took the neighbor kid for a little ride today lol2.gif
McMark
Anyone else notice how the gearshift selector is in the park position?
Randal
Mr. T.

Why don't you rent the camera and mount by the run! I'd love to see how it works in the silver car, before I buy the complete setup.
Trekkor
Randal, of course, you're in! N/C wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.