Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear Valence Options??
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ferg
I just got back from visiting the body shop on my car. They are 4.5 hours into the rear valence and say it's gonna be too much trouble, here's a pic of the car and valence.

http://www.pelicanparts.com/swapmeet_pics/...TML/Page-24.htm

They stoped work per my request and are not going to charge me anything, but now I need to find a replacement that in their words is new or close to paint ready, in order to stay in budget. What options do I have if any?? Is their any fiberglass repo's that would work. Is heat gonna be a huge issure with fiberglass? It's a 2.7 six. The exhaust is pretty large diameter wise and just cleared as it is.
Ferg confused24.gif
Mike D.
There is a fiberglass version with no hole cut outs. Look on Pelican or Performance Products.

I wouldn't think heat be an issue. The fan shroud right on top of your engine is probably fiberglass.

Anyone...?

Mike D.
SirAndy
as long as it doesn't touch the exhaust, heat is not an issue ...
i have seen the valance with and without cutouts (in FG).

also, you might wanna try here:

Getty Design
A.I.R.

Andy
Porsche Rescue
Ferg, what am I not seeing? What's wrong with that valance?
Brad Roberts
Yeah.. I dont see it either.

Did they hack it up for the second outlet ??

B
Bleyseng
It's got two outlets so install a Triad exhaust to fill it.
Geoff
Ferg
What you are not seeing is the amount of bondo it had under that white paint. They were redoing it cause the paint was cracked in two places, and it was part of the stripe removal estimate to repaint the valence as well. Now they are 4.5 hours into it, and it is completely stripped and called to tell me how hosed it was. They are not charging me anything above my original estimate "Yet" but to finish it they say they will have too. It's gonna cost me an extra 300 or so bucks to make this one work again, so I was lookin for cheaper idea's. I love the look of this one, and saw it in bare metal, it's really wavey, with some bad welds. Anyhow, I think I'm just gonna have them do it, cause I want metal, and don't have to many options besides starting over. Thanks Ferg.
Porsche Rescue
Good rear valences are not too hard to find. Do you have time to locate one and get it sent to you? If so mail me, and I'll suggest a source or two. I'm guessing $50-75 + shipping. If you will need the shop to create second exhaust cutout, you may not save all that much though.
Ferg
wink.gif Well I just got off the phone with the body shop guys. There gonna use the one I have, and I got the price down to 180 above the orig estimate. I doubt I could make a duel out for that price. Getting closer.... Ferg.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.