Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: oil lines
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
machina
just can't figure how to run two -10 lines to the front. I don't mind running them in the cabin but once you go thru the first bulkhead, the steering rack is in the way, looks too tight to jam them in there.

already have fuel lines in the right side heater tube and the battery cable on the left side heater tube.

running them down the rockers and inside the wheels well just seems sloppy to me. I know the factory does this on the 911's but still.

help headbang.gif

dr
machina
will they clear above the crossmember and not interfere with the steering rack.

if youv'e btdt, chime in.

dr
Joe Bob
Under the doors inside the rockers or thru the heater tubes of you have no heat....
machina
thanks mike,

do you think its a bad idea to run the ss lines in the heater duct with the battery cable? I can picture the ss braid rubbing thru the battery cable insulation. Is this a non-issue or should I re-route the cable?

dr
Joe Bob
Run the lines up the other side....
machina
the other side already has 2 -6 fuel lines in it.

dr
Joe Bob
Well then, the cabin or the rockers....
machina
talking about it made me decide to move the fuel lines over to the left side with the battery cable so the bigger oil lines can fit in the right side heat tube.

I like a clean install. The inlet and outlet for the oil pump and return are on that side of the motor as well.

thanks mike.

dr

i'm not a concours weenie, just a AN hose running SCCA moron.
SirAndy
run them from the front trunk through the little passage tunnel inside the pass. side footwell, from there, next to the pass-side long to the back, then through the firewall ...

i know brad has good pix of that setup somewhere ...

Andy
lapuwali
You should really wrap braided lines in something like that nylon spiral wrap, or large rubber hose, to keep it from rubbing against everything it sight. They'll rub all the paint off the inside of the rockers.
SirAndy
have the lines enter the small tunnel on the front firewall, route through tunnel ...
SirAndy
tunnel exits into the pass. footwell, from there run alongside the long and then through back firewall ...
TimT
Andy,

nice tip!!

beerchug.gif
SirAndy
btw. if you still have the longs empty (which you said you hadn't) you can run the oil lines from there straight into the long without going through the top heater outlet.
there is a access hole in the side of the long where the blue arrow is pointed, it's covered with a tar-patch. this will give you easy access to the long tunnel.

that way, you minimize the length of oil-line inside the cabin (they DO radiate heat) ...

Andy
machina
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 19 2004, 08:41 PM)
have the lines enter the small tunnel on the front firewall, route through tunnel ...

you da man pray.gif

i was under the car today for an hour trying to figure out where that little passage went to. I thought the crossmember was in the way but didn't understand the geometry of that little passage.

I may do it this way no so I don't have to undo the fuel lines and battery cable. The install on those it pretty nice already.

Also, I like the direct and shorter run this route gives to and from the motor.

thanks,
dr
Trekkor
I did mine that way!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.