Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: six conversion engine mounts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bhfast
I have seen several different types of six conv. engine mounts. patrick has 2, the bulk head one that pelican sells, and rich johnson's( i beleive is similar to pelican's) which have you guys used? all input is appreciated.

BH
Jeroen
Hey BH,

The "other" 6-mount would be the one in the attached pic.
It is from GPR

I should have pic from the Rich Johnson mount "somewhere" too, but can't find 'em this fast...

The RJ mount 'looks' smarter and stronger (IMHO) as it has more surface welded to the firewall and uses the original (although modified) nose-cone

No real-world experience though... sure others will coment

cheers,

Jeroen
Jeroen
Errr.... forgot the pic blink.gif

well, here is the GPR mount:
Brad Roberts
That is actually the Patrick mount.

RJ all the way.

I help him locate the factory nose cones for his conversions.

I know of a person who bailed on his conversion using a RJ mount if you want to buy one a little cheaper than anybody else would sell them.

B
Brad Roberts
Here is the complete setup as RJ sells it..
bhfast
brad,
is that a bolt in or weld in kit?
Brian
Brad Roberts
It is designed to be both. I personally bolt them in and then weld them. I'm pretty sure JP did this also on his conversion. The problem with leaving it bolted in: The lower firewall that this would bolt too..is double walled with about an inch gap. You either have to make spacers for it too pinch both walls or you need to drill large enough holes that you can tighten everything against the engine firewall. I personally just used the bolts to hold it in place when I welded mine.

Go here: http://www.all914.com and click on the projects page and look at Brads six conversion.

B
bhfast
i'm definetly inter ested in buying that kit, let me know about the price
Brian
Gint
Brasshole,

Still haven't fixed that full page all914.com thing eh? Where's Julius?
J P Stein
Got a pic here somewhere.
Mine is the Velious mount. The RJ mount is a knock off of this.....a bit improved, maybe. It's bolted only. 7 grade 8, 1/2 inch fine thread bolts, with doublers welded to the fwd side of the firewall.....and in the tunnel
Brad Roberts
Brian,

A friend of mine has a complete RJ mount with bolts/everything for 325$

Let me know if your game.. and I will hand him off to you.

B
bhfast
Brad,
that sounds good to me.
Brian
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.