Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wanted - Exceptional 73 or 74 2.0L
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
disco v
Hi All, I'm searching for a 73 or 74 2.0L in top condition, hopefully on the West Coast.

Must have - no rust issues
- any color except black
- matching numbers
- near original interior with no cracked dash
- near perfect exterior with no accidents

I hope to find a turn key car with no issues, a weekend driver to enjoy and show.

Thanks for the help - John, cupit.john@yahoo.com
tod914
pm sent
Barry Brisco
QUOTE(disco v @ Jul 4 2011, 07:11 AM) *

Hi All, I'm searching for a 73 or 74 2.0L in top condition, hopefully on the West Coast.

John, did you see this one on S.F. Bay Area craigslist? A Marathon Blue metallic '74 model year, 2.0 with Appearance Group:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ctd/2474770145.html

I have no affiliation with the car and have not seen it personally, though it's not too far from me. Looks nice in the photos. Of course photos don't tell much!

Non-original radio and speakers cut into the doors, unfortunately. Claimed 84,333 original miles. As to the almost $20K asking price, well, the seller can ask whatever price they want...

I can't find it listed on the dealers website at http://www.myhotcars.com/

Good luck in your search.

Best regards,

Barry
Tom_T
It's here Barry & John -
http://www.myhotcars.com/inventory/?vin=4742904479XXXXXXX

If you right click on the large pix at the slideshow & then click view image, it will go to a bigger full screen +/- image of each.

I'd seen this one a few months back (you know me & this color Barry! biggrin.gif ), but IMHO it's not a great resto & way overpriced in it's current state (who knows about mechanical). For starters, the bumer top pads have the internal rust dimpling F&R ($800+), both interior door panels are holed with speakers & who knows if they cut the door metal behind, not great carpet, etc., etc.

So it needs a thorough PPI & run through by a qualified mechanic to assess what it's really worth in this condition & in this down market. Cuz it's been on the market for 6-9 months & $20k for this - someone is smoking some strong stuff! blink.gif

John - if you got them down to $10-15k & replaced a few bits, you could have it ready for the San Diego PCA Concours on Aug, 4th or 6th! biggrin.gif
disco v
Thank you both, Barry and Tom.

Yeah, I've been eyeing this car since January or so but unfortunately, I also know what the dealer paid for the car.
I called on an ad from the Samba classifieds and it was the previous owner of this car that sold it to this current dealer. !3k! I guess I'm feeling that I'd rather pay top dollar to a private owner who has loved the car rather than a dealer, even a reputable one.

Tom, PCA Concours in August - hmmmm, I wasn't aware of this event. Thanks, maybe a car or two will turn up here?

I just ran this ad and already feel closer in my search -thanks guys.
Cairo94507
Kassabian Motors in Dublin is only about 10 miles from me; I will have to stop in and look at this car in person. Just for fun, not in the market for another.
JeffBowlsby
I have seen this car...

FWIW I was told this car is on consignment, dealer does not own it, and the owner is significantly emotionally attached...explaining the high price.

There is a lot of that is very nice about this car...but here are a couple pics for you...its all repairable...
JRust
PM sent on my Creamsicle
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.