Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: total interior removal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Trekkor
I am removing EVERYTHING to add interior chassis stiffening and reset rear glass.

What are the tricks to use and traps to avoid?
fly
The 914 Interior is the easiest interior to remove and reinstall. If yours is like most, when removing the door panels, use a wide(2") flat blade that you can slide between the door panel and the door to pop the clips loose.
If you just pull the panel out with you hands you can damage the extreamly high quality cardboard these are made of.

The first time I try something new I like to take digital pics along the way for reference.

Good Luck!

Mike
boxstr
It is really quit easy. I have removed an number of complete interiors to either reseal the rear window or to just get the car freshened up before installing new carpets.
I always like to replace all of the little screws with stainless steel ones. Take them to the local Ace or True Value hardware and match thme up.
I also use a GOOP Automotive sealant/adhesive for reinstalling the rear window.
If you need more help get back to the board.
CCLINF1ININDY
iamchappy
When removing the back pad you need to remove the knob by unscrewing it, for the engine lid latch opener, use a needle nose to hold the cable, and unscrew the black plastic threaded washer thingy by using the 2 holes punched in it, other than that you need to remove the back pad by pushing down on it before pulling it out as there are tongues the the upper part that the back pad slides into.
Trekkor
Thanks guys.
Got it all out. E-brake lever needed convincing smash.gif
seanery
gas and a match works for me
Trekkor
The driver's seat and belt are back in for the early morning trip to the shop for welding. welder.gif

This otta be fun.
PICS, PICS, PICS coming for you.

beer.gif Michelob Ultras around the board!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.