Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: It runs !!!!!! only a few weeks late for WCC,
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
We have ignition clap56.gif

mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif

.....the single chamber Flowmaster hanging off the end of the European Racing headers is a tad bit too loud, late night tuneups will be damn near impossible...time to mount a much quiter muffler on it

no leaks so far and besides the obnoxious exhaust, it sounds good.......no test drive tonight, I still need to hook a few things up....not sure if it'll be ready for this upcomming 9:14 breakfast, but I'll try to make it MDB2.gif
Andyrew
Woot!

Congrats man!

I bet it feels good to get that off your shoulder!

Cant wait to see it.

Andrew
nebreitling
AWESOME! Great Job!

Now hurry up and take it apart again! wink.gif
DNHunt
Now somebody chain the guy up so he can't mess it up again.

Great news

Dave
Bleyseng
Keep the coffee cup outta his hands, damn he is dangerous!

Geoff biggrin.gif
Gint
Never doubted you could actually put a car together...
fiid
Congrats dude. Theres nothing like the feeling of hearing that motor fire eh?
Mueller
yep, sounded great, got a thumbs up from a few of the niehgbors....even my wife came out to give me a hug and kiss wink.gif

i am having some strange "spikes" while trying to start it up again, not sure if the Accel Super Coil w/resistor is causing it or not once warmed up a bit or not.....
(running points, couldn't get my Pertronix to work)

the laptop is reading 18,000 rpm when cranking....I'm all for high rpm engines, but not this one, hahahaha
Carrera916
YYEEAAHHH, alright! clap56.gif

I bet it is a big relief for you, Muller....now, I've got to do something about mine, eh!

Speaking of Pertronix, I gave up on the Crane set up as it was poorly made to fit in the distributor and in no mood to do some modification on that.......So I am waiting for my set of Pertronix coming soon in the mail....Let me know what you find is wrong with yours so I wouldn't repeat your mistake on mine...eh! happy11.gif

J
PatW
Good Job
GWN7
Congrats smilie_pokal.gif
fiid
Uhhhh.. you running megasquirt???

You have the notorious "coil signals are extremely noisy" syndrome. In the megasquirt docs, it talks about one of the capacity values in the tach input circuit... you will want to increase that significantly (like even beyond the maximum they state is necessary.

What happened to me was that occasionally my rpm would spike up to about 10-18K and would cause the MS to dump a shitload (technical term) of fuel to cope with that RPM rate - this would cause th engine to flood a little and the revs to drop down a lot, then it would clear and return to idle. Increasing that cap almost completely killed the problem.

I had mine running with pertronix and that worked fine with no problems.
ablose58
Congrats smilie_pokal.gif Another one back on the road rocking nana.gif
mikerose
Awesome smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif Can I rent the car for this weeken biggrin.gif
Mike

P.S. I though I saw a big flash last night in the sky laugh.gif
Joe Bob
Hope the wife has hid the coffee.....
peridotian
Impressive, there will be bagels you know.
Joe Bob
Bagel crumbs dropped into the intake will clog an injector.... wink.gif
Jeroen
Wow Mike, congrats are in order here!
Have a beer (or 2), just make sure you don't spill it biggrin.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
3d914
Way to go Mike!

Another MS added to the pack.

Enjoy!
Sammy
Cool, now that you have that out of the way it's time to start thinking about an engine conversion for it wink.gif
fly
Glad to hear it!
It looks like cleaning the garage and finding all your tools paid off.
driving.gif Congrats

Mike
Mueller
hey Mike, thanks for helping me hang the doors....I told Sherryl my plans for the interior (w/blue) and she didn't freak out smile.gif

Cool, now that you have that out of the way it's time to start thinking about an engine conversion for it

I've been trying...I keep getting out bid on eBay....not sure if that is good or bad, hahahaha
neo914-6
Mike,
Did you figure out where those left over parts and screws go? laugh.gif
clap56.gif Good job but I'm gonna miss your anxiety posts.
Felix
Rusty
Way to go Mike. Now, let's keep this one running, so you have stress relief during your NEXT project. clap56.gif

We're all proud of ya!

-Rusty smoke.gif
Mueller
update.....I added a 0.22µf capacitor to the ignition input side of the Megasquirt, solved my problems.....turn the key, and within just a few revolutions, car starts right up...no need to touch the throttle at all....vrooooooommmmmmm
fiid
Excellent work.
DNHunt
Way to go Mike. Feels great when it works for the first time. My MS is 16 months old and has never had a problem. Once you get them together I think they are darn near bullet proof. The only challenges are keeping them cool and DRY.

Dave
3d914
Mike,

Can you share your engine configuration and MS setup parameters with us? I'd like to see how they compare.

Always looking for something else that can be tweeked a little more.

TIA
Mueller
Gerard,

I started off with the same configurations as Dave Hunts programming. (see his website, they are under Screen Shots of Constants )

He has a fast idle circut, I do not and right now the weather is perfect so no need for it.

My engine is a 1.8 (~8.15:1 compression) with stock 2.0 heads.

2.0 intake, 2.0 throttle body, 1.8 injectors (refrub'd, but will be replaced with 2.0 injectors when the turbo gets installed)

I'm still playing around with the enrichments for acceleration, I can vary the amount of fuel depending on how fast I hit the throttle.

I felt safe using Daves parameters since his motor is a 2.0 and I thought it ran great when I drove it at the WCC, mine should be just as nice. When I test it with an O2 sensor, I'll know better how close I am. Car is still up on jack stands without axles installed so I have not been able to put a load on the engine to see how well it performs. I think it's going to move along pretty darn well smile.gif

What is nice is that with the MS, you can save your current setup file, change parameters and if you don't like them, just a few mouse clicks and you have your original settings...

I'm going to install the crankfire ignition before the turbo...I still have to make the trigger wheel (modify the Ford unit) and with the way my projects go, that'll be a few more months, laugh.gif smash.gif
DNHunt
Nike

I did a thread with the sensor and trigger wheel. Iyou already have the trigger wheel from an EDIS car, the wheel itself can be removed with heat from the harmonic balancer/pulley. I had a small step cut into the trigger wheel to adjust the offset, then I drilled and tapped it for bolts. I had a piece of chromoly mahined to fit the trigger wheel and it was drilled to correspond to the fan hub. the whole thing fits between the fan and fan hub instead of the stock washer. The VR sensor is mounted to the back of the fan shroud under the oil cooler.

Dave
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.