Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is there value to OE parts for the concourse? I have+
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
detoxcowboy
Gauging interest,

Is there value or I mena "extra" value for OE parts ? I have an OE 74 2.0 fuel injection that has been boxed since 76 (or at least the newsprint is was wrapped in ect.. ) for carb chage and was stored in the closet of a now dead engineer/inventor. everything appears new or frozen in time and the Cadfplating on some parts was perfect and on other that today have cad there is none, the part have 2 # vw and bosh ect unlike todays bosch 1 number / made in germany.. I also have a 74 2.0 that I have bought all new replacement and most are not like what I found in the Orignal Equipment.. I not eht manifolds paint is different evne from what some people paint at the Orginal..

I do not follow the concourse other than I like to keep it original but not a stickler for the finer details, ..

I do not want to sell the parts as used replacement for your beater because they are ouitstanding if there was an interest I would like to address that, the parts all of them are nice enough to take off my new purtchases and replcae with these not even considering a loss in performance or appearnce or money.. same same to me..

Here is pic from add. In peron all the parts look new, The AAR is what caught my attention, full cad plate ect..
Click to view attachment
tod914
Detox, there are definetly people out there who would appreciate what you have for doing a concours type resto. I know people are always looking for paint reference, etc. Maybe if you have time, post some pictures of it in the originality forum here. Good luck with the sale.. I'm sure you won't have much trouble getting rid of it.
detoxcowboy
added picture if anyone would like close up or a specific part, PM or reply and I will comply to your request..

I feel stupid I did not take picks first,. I had to cut the injecotr bands off, that is by desighn one use clamps like a tomb or police bands.. That was interesting and even some of the fuel line had grey plastic protective sheath, which I still have. The throttle position swithc was still adjusted perfectly and even though I recently powerdcoated my plenum and painted my manifolds on my 74 these parts are less dirty internally though never obviosly never cleaned.. I am not certain that this was not removed earlier than 76 or when the 74 was purchased, but was found at home in bedroom closet so it has been moved because I do not think people in large estates put stinky fuel injection parts in their closet but the guy would build his own helicopters on the weekends.. so?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.