Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS --- Problem with sound at Laguna? SOLD
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Randal
I built, using a Porsche silencer assembly, a total encompassing sound box with a large turbo bell mouth and K & N filter for Laguna.

When Britian Smith put this same assembly on his 2.7 they got another 10lbs of torque on the dyno.

If anyone needs it for Laguna "sound" send me an email.

Click to view attachment

$200.00
campbellcj
Randal, I'm heading to Laguna for the first time next month. I already have a stock air box to put on my car but am intrigued by the inlet funnel thing. Did you fab that or is there a commercial source?

Also is this built on a -6 air box or 911? As I recall the shape or height is a bit different to clear the engine lid.

Thanks!
koozy
Hey Randal. I'll take it if Chris is going to pass
Randal
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Jul 6 2011, 09:51 PM) *

Randal, I'm heading to Laguna for the first time next month. I already have a stock air box to put on my car but am intrigued by the inlet funnel thing. Did you fab that or is there a commercial source?

Also is this built on a -6 air box or 911? As I recall the shape or height is a bit different to clear the engine lid.

Thanks!

It is a 911 silencer. You have to mount it backwards on a 914.

Bought the turbo bell mouth from a guy in Australia who spins them. Then had to fabricate all the bits to hold it on.

http://www.velocity-of-sound.com/
Randal
QUOTE(koozy @ Jul 6 2011, 11:22 PM) *

Hey Randal. I'll take it if Chris is going to pass

OK Mike.

Chris didn't say whether or not he was going to purchase it, but we'll give him first shot.

Up to you Chris.
campbellcj
Thanks Randal -- sorry for the ambiguity but I don't need it so it's got Mike's name on it. Thanks for the info about the bell piece.
Randal
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Jul 7 2011, 11:57 AM) *

Thanks Randal -- sorry for the ambiguity but I don't need it so it's got Mike's name on it. Thanks for the info about the bell piece.

\

OK, it's sold to Mike.

Come on over and pick her up Mike.
koozy
Great, I'll call you tomorrow. Thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.