Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Insurance for V8 or other conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Andyrew
Ok, So Im in the midst of planning a v8 conversion. One thing that could possibly hold me back (which I wont let happen) is insurance. What are you guys doing as far as insurance for those that have a v8? Do you just "not mention it"? Or where do you go for insurance. Keep in mind, I am not 25.. I am 17..(soon to be 18). But I do have a dad (yes...) If he "owns" the car, is there a classic insurance provider that will allow me to still drive it regularly as a partial driver?

Any idea's are welcome..

Steve, Scott, what are you guys doing?

Thanks guys..
Andrew
Joe Bob
Most likely the subject of cylinders doesn't come up......I only insisted that my /6 be designated as so.....cause a lot of crap as the VIN wasn't 914/6 type. I had it surveyed and hten included it with the policy statement.

More than likely with your age....telling them it's a V8 is a kiss of death, price wise....
neo914-6
Andrew,
1. You can insure it as a standard 914 as I do. Basic liability. idea.gif
Felix
skline
Mine is not insured yet. I have had the car for about a year and a half but have never driven it. I did talk to my agent about it and told her it would be ready in about a month to drive and would need full coverage on it. She said to get the best policy for it, they would have to see the car and take photos of it. When she asked what the value was, I told her about 10k minumum. She then stated because of the age of the car and the fact it was custom, they would need pictures and full disclosure about the car. It started getting serious so I told her I would contact her when it was done. I am 45 and 0 tickets or accidents and have never even filed a claim. State Farm better not give me a hassle over this or I will find me another insurance carrier. Its that simple. I would have your dad put it in his name and insure it. If they dont ask how many cylinders, then dont tell them. On the other hand, if they dont ask, and you get your policy and it says 4 cylinders, you will need to contact them and let them know. Otherwise, if something happens, you could be SOL.
Andyrew
A good sorted 4 could be bought for what, 5k? They give me 5k, I pay them what, 2k for the buy back, and fix the car! Will they not pay me if its got 4 extra cylander's in it?

I have no tickets, no accidents.. but I've only been driving for 2 years.

BTW.. Scott did you get my Pm?

Thanks guys. Your info helps alot.

Andrew
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.