Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I think I found a 21mm master cylinder
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Qarl
I found a 20.64mm (21mm) unboosted master cylinder by ATE which has been the long-desired in between bore for bigger brake conversions.

Some say 19mm isn't enough and 23mm is too much.

Porsche used 21mm unboosted master cylinders in some of the early S 911s, but as far as I know they aren't available any more.

However, the part I located isn't a Porsche part. This is coming from Germany and as far as I know isn't standard issue for any particular car, which is why it may have been difficult to locate.

The configuration of the feed and output ports look correct, as well as the bolt mounting flanges. Also, it has provisions for the hydraulic pressure failure switch, which the 23mm master cylinder doesn't ahve.

I will keep you posted.

Regards,

Karl Ellzey
brant
Karl,

what car is it listed for...
I had one a few years back.. brand new.. at that time you could still get them from stoddard, but it didn't fit...

the one I had was listed to fit a euro 77 3.0...

(the 911 SC they sold in europe the year before here)

sounds like the same one as it was also 21.6 or 21.4 or something like that

it was an unboosted car.
I've got to believe that stoddard still has those.
but lets compare part numbers.

brant
sechszylinder
Hi Karl,

that sounds very interesting. Could you send me the ATE part # ? Perhaps i can get a nice discount price for those parts at my local ate-dealer here in Berlin smilie_flagge6.gif

Benno
Qarl
It's not a Porsche Part.

Ate part number: 03.2120-8411.3
Qarl
Here is a link to the spec page...

I uploaded it to my website in .pdf format.

Ate .pdf document
Qarl
The other intesting part is that it looks like the front bore is 21mm and the rear is 17mm, effectively giving you decent proportioning between front and rear.

Whaddya think?
sechszylinder
Hello Karl,

that's a very interesting part . It will definitely fill the gap between the two well known choices.
I will try to get a price for that part.
Concerning the dimensions, I think it's not the bore (or diameter) of the cylinder, which is different for front and rear, it's the stroke ( german : hub), but i wonder how they achieve that. unsure.gif

Benno
davep
The piston has two sections on it. One for front, one for rear, doesn't it?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.