Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB decent front chrome bumper 73 or 74
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
porbmw
About 6 years ago, picked up a pretty nice 74 1.8...was going to do a GT tribute...but it was too nice to cut up, so stored it for about 5 years, to give to my daughter when she finished 2nd year college.

Well, she did that....got the car, and in about 2 months, caught her heel on a floor mat and drove the car into the back of my truck/trailer hitch.

Wiped out the bumper and kinked the hood.

I have a chrome bumper from my 74 that I bought years ago, when I was ignorant of rust issues. The car is cut up, the bumper so so but needs rechroming.

Hoping someone out there has a decent/not perfect bumper...otherwise, will rechrome what I have.

Thanks
Tom_T
QUOTE(porbmw @ Jul 7 2011, 11:31 AM) *

About 6 years ago, picked up a pretty nice 74 1.8...was going to do a GT tribute...but it was too nice to cut up, so stored it for about 5 years, to give to my daughter when she finished 2nd year college.

Well, she did that....got the car, and in about 2 months, caught her heel on a floor mat and drove the car into the back of my truck/trailer hitch.

Wiped out the bumper and kinked the hood.

I have a chrome bumper from my 74 that I bought years ago, when I was ignorant of rust issues. The car is cut up, the bumper so so but needs rechroming.

Hoping someone out there has a decent/not perfect bumper...otherwise, will rechrome what I have.

Thanks

Try Bruce Stone/bdstone - a member vendor on here who usually has some nice used & rechromed bumpers on hand. Otherwise one of the PNW members may have one.

Otherwise a local BC rechrome may be your most economical bet, after adding in shipping another one to you.

Tell your daughter to drive barefoot when wearing sandals, slaps/flip-flops, high heel, slip-on & open back shoes - it keeps the back edges & ends out of the floor mats (also fix or replace mat if torn at the heel pad area).

We in SoCal have been driving 914s & other cars barefoot for years! biggrin.gif

Hang Loose! shades.gif
porbmw
[/quote]

Try Bruce Stone/bdstone - a member vendor on here who usually has some nice used & rechromed bumpers on hand. Otherwise one of the PNW members may have one.

Otherwise a local BC rechrome may be your most economical bet, after adding in shipping another one to you.

Tell your daughter to drive barefoot when wearing sandals, slaps/flip-flops, high heel, slip-on & open back shoes - it keeps the back edges & ends out of the floor mats (also fix or replace mat if torn at the heel pad area).

We in SoCal have been driving 914s & other cars barefoot for years! biggrin.gif

Hang Loose! shades.gif
[/quote]

Thanks

Joe/detoxcowboy gave me the same advice re Bruce Stone, and his phone #. I"m going to contact him now

I'd better fess up....her misshap was partly my fault.... The car HAD some extra floormats...they were sitting loose...so I"d screwed them down with short screws into the factory carpet...don't think I did a very good job, they bunched up and caught her heel...and being a new driver, that's all she wrote.

Up here on the WetCoast, if we drive barefoot, we develop webbed feet. dry.gif

Again, thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.