Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: On the advice of my attorney....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dave_Darling
I went up to Sears Point on Friday to watch the third day of a Russel Racing School (now ESPN Russel Racing School) and take pics. I'll comment on the individual pics as I post them. Yes, they're small to save email bandwidth and storage, and because I'm too lazy to make intermediate-sized ones just for posting up here. Full-size are available on request, as usual.

On the way north, I got passed by a Miata just north of the Golden Gate bridge. Why did I take a picture? Check his license plate...
Dave_Darling
The Formula Mitsu cars that you get in the basic "techniques" class.
Dave_Darling
Dry-sumped, single-carb'ed, making about 100-120 HP. Inboard rear disk brakes, even...
Dave_Darling
Supertrapps or equivalent. (Some had the real thing, some had the equivalent.)
Dave_Darling
Four-into-one header.
Dave_Darling
Introducing my attorney, Lisa.
Dave_Darling
Buttoned up and ready to go!!
Dave_Darling
On the front straight, between Turn 11 and Start-Finish.
Dave_Darling
Setting up for Turn 11.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jun 21 2004, 01:25 PM)
Why did I take a picture? Check his license plate...

i don't get it, what does it mean?

confused24.gif Andy
Dave_Darling
In the Carousel. By the end of the morning sessions, she had finally figured the Carousel out.
Dave_Darling
More between 10 and 11.
Dave_Darling
Time for another session!
Dave_Darling
Suited up and ready to go!
aircooledboy
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jun 21 2004, 02:30 PM)
Introducing my attorney, Lisa.

Need an attorney often, eh Dave??

laugh.gif
Dave_Darling
Turn four. Instructor comment--"There ya go! She's finally got to the apex on this one." biggrin.gif
Dave_Darling
What happens when you hit the apex and get on the throttle--you use all of the track!
Dave_Darling
Leading a pack into the Carousel. Temporarily...
Dave_Darling
Into Turn 7, as viewed from the instructor's truck.
Dave_Darling
Well, yes... They do get by her between 11 and 1...
Dave_Darling
A 1973 Six conversion. Owned by some guy named Memo Gidley.

...Yeah, the ex CHAMP car driver. He's now an instructor at Russel. Didn't get a chance to talk 914s with him, sad to say. The chief instructor asked if I knew it was "a fake"--and when I replied that I did, he asked how I knew... Heh heh heh... He probably didn't know who he was talking to. wink.gif
Dave_Darling
Got a 1974 rear bumper, even though it's a 73. Yeah, and a pre-73 front bumper, and pre-73 engine lid letters.
Dave_Darling
Now, if you take the three-day "Techniques" course and are good little boys and girls, they give you one run session in the "Advanced" cars.
Dave_Darling
Mazda rotary powered, full slicks and wings and everything. Much much faster!!
Dave_Darling
And a Bug gearbox! Somewhat beefed up, of course...
mike_the_man
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 21 2004, 12:33 PM)
Why did I take a picture?  Check his license plate...

i don't get it, what does it mean?

confused24.gif Andy

At least I'm not the only one that doesn't get it! rolleyes.gif
Dave_Darling
Ready to head out!
Dave_Darling
Yeah, they move a lot faster on the straights. They also backfire like gunshots on decel. And sometimes they spit fireballs while doing so! (Sadly, I didn't get any pics of that.)
Dave_Darling
Done so soon... Pit lane, ready to park it.
Dave_Darling
The Miata? I was mostly amused that he was really trying hard to pass my 914 (weaving in and out of traffic like a madman!), when he couldn't outrun the "914" on his license plate. Made me snicker.

As to needing an attorney? Uhh, just this one, thanks! wink.gif

The rest of the weekend was great. Driving around from winery to winery in Sonoma...

--DD
Toast
Sounds like you had a fun weekend with the law firm. grouphug.gif smlove2.gif w00t.gif
skline
I went up to Sears Point on Friday to watch the third day of a Russel Racing School (now ESPN Russel Racing School) and take pics. I'll comment on the individual pics as I post them. Yes, they're small to save email bandwidth and storage, and because I'm too lazy to make intermediate-sized ones just for posting up here. Full-size are available on request, as usual.

On the way north, I got passed by a Miata just north of the Golden Gate bridge. Why did I take a picture? Check his license plate...

I am thinking it meant 4=for, rep=replacement, 914=914 Just my thoughts.
RocknRollFrenzy
actually, i wouldn't be suprised if that license plate is just luck of the draw. the format is standard california format. ie: number, three letters, three numbers.
grantsfo
Bet she had a good time. The Mitsubishi's are a blast to drive. I took the 3 day course earlier this year. Spent the first day driving in the rain and learning how to be smooth. The last session in the rotory was the best - much, much faster than the formula Mitsu's. They rev limited us to about 6,000 rpm in the rotaries but they were still very fast - I was doing well over 100 MPH by start/finish and on the rev limiter just as I approached the end of the straight. Rotories allowed me to brake much deeper too. I'm saving my pennies to go to the advance session later this year. Russell does a good job with this school. I just wish it was more affordable.

IPB Image
IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.