Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 15*7 Cookie Cutters
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ber914
Is there any chance of fitting 15*7 cookie cutters with 225*50 tyres under stock rear fenders by rolling the lips and "massaging"? Anyone have any pics of a 914 with cookie cutters?

Robert
SirAndy
QUOTE(ber914 @ Jun 21 2004, 02:40 PM)
Anyone have any pics of a 914 with cookie cutters?

here you go, obviously, my fenders are not stock, but i'm sure you can fit them with some smash.gif

i used 1 1/2" spacers to get the tires out to the fender lip, soooo, plenty of space on the inside.
225/50 tires ...

Andy

IPB Image
SirAndy
and here's Bill's car (he runs spacers too) ...

IPB Image
machina
yes but you'll need 205/50.

225's will rub.

probably need lots of neg camber too. My 7's fit fine. the cookies have the same offsets as the fuchs.

I have a set of 7" cookies I am going to refinish for my rain tires.

dr

don't know who's car this is but...
brant
Thats chris C's car... nice photo..

So this has been re-hashed a hundred time...
you might get them to fit and you might not..
its by no means a guarantee...

but.. some people do get them to fit.. so you might with the 205 tires... I've gotta think no way with the 225's but thats just my personal experience...

OFFSET: cookies and late 15x7 fuchs can and do have the same offset.. its not an ideal offset...
there are some 15x7 fuchs with an early offset that is better (But they are extremely pricey)
campbellcj
Yep that one is an old(er) pic of my car; here's a later one (still 9mos old). This is with 205/50's and there is extra room still. My fenders were rolled and pulled fairly "hard" but are unflared. I know I could fit more tire but not sure which tire or wheel size (I have 16x7 Fuchs also). Haven't had time or money to play around with that quite yet.
ber914
Assuming that 225's wont fit and I use 205/50 all round would I be beter off using 15*7 cookies rather than 15*6 fuchs?

Robert
machina
With the 6's, you can bolt on and drive.

With the 7's, there will be a little massaging and tweaking of the fenders and suspension settings.

dr
machina
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Jun 22 2004, 12:35 AM)
Yep that one is an old(er) pic of my car; here's a later one (still 9mos old). This is with 205/50's and there is extra room still. My fenders were rolled and pulled fairly "hard" but are unflared. I know I could fit more tire but not sure which tire or wheel size (I have 16x7 Fuchs also). Haven't had time or money to play around with that quite yet.

chris, your car looks great.

what is the weight w/o driver?
what kind of power does the 2.2 have?

thanks,
dr
maf914
Cookie Cutters were used on both the 911 and 944. I assume these were 6" and 7" wide. Was there an 8" Cookie? Were the offsets the same for the 911 and 944?
machina
QUOTE(maf914 @ Jun 22 2004, 08:49 AM)
Cookie Cutters were used on both the 911 and 944. I assume these were 6" and 7" wide. Was there an 8" Cookie? Were the offsets the same for the 911 and 944?

I am fairly certain there was never an 8" cookie.

I am aware of only 6" and 7" x 15"

offsets were the same for all. these are great wheels for the money and still have that deep dish look with the nice lip.

dr
niquej
You will have to roll the lips and pull the fenders some. I ended up using a junk front shock to do it biggrin.gif

You can run the 6x15 Fuchs and 205x 50's without all that work but not the 7's.

I run my race tires on the cookies and 6x15 Fuchs for the street.

Geoff
boxstr
Actually you can run 16x7 Fuchs with a 205x45x16 Dunlop tire and not have to do anything more than roll the rear lip.
CCLINFIVELUGHEAVEN
J P Stein
Cookies & 225s? Sure, it's a bolt up laugh.gif
brant
JP,
you did have to bolt that on ultimately didn't you? I mean that after you spend a few days doing body work the final step is to bolt the wheel on right?

Craig,
how does a person locate a 900 miata?.. I want one!

b
Downunderman
Robert,

If you are going to do Adelaide or Targa you are stuck with 55 profile (unless you want to go taller). 15x7 cookies should be ok, but you may have to do a bit of body stretching or messing with the mounting face of the wheel. You really cant tell until you have it on the ground with the ride heights right and the alignment set. Has Nic finished your motor yet?
Downunderman
So the answer is you are stuck with 205's.
J P Stein
QUOTE(brant @ Jun 22 2004, 11:25 AM)
JP,
you did have to bolt that on ultimately didn't you? I mean that after you spend a few days doing body work the final step is to bolt the wheel on right?

Ayup, that's the way I figured it wacko.gif
ber914
Howard

The motor and box are both completely stripped down but its a bit of a battle to get Nick to start putting them together - lots of patience needed. Did Nick speak to you about welding the heads up for me? Getting the rest of the car sorted out in the meantime.

Robert
campbellcj
dr - I don't have the current weight of the car cuz I keep changing it. POC says it has to weigh 2049lbs wet w/o driver so that's my story and I'm sticking with it. Actually I think it is still more like 2150 but there is a bunch of work left, some that will add weight and some that will take away.

The 2.2 is an "S/T" build; basically a 2.2S with small port heads as far as I know. So I figure maybe 160hp-ish as the real 2.2S with ports and MFI was 180/190.

I am contemplating building a 2.5 high-comp short-stroke race motor that would put out more like 225+ but any remaining streetability would be lost. Right now I can get away with a canyon run every few weeks and no hassles from The Law yet (knock on wood).

Also FWIW I have 205/45R16 Hoosiers on 16x7's that fit equally well. I know I can fit 215/40's but the 225/50's would probably take some more metal massaging.

Somehow all the VARA guys are running 225/50R15 Hoosiers and Kumhos but I think they may have "stealth" flares in the back...look stock but who knows if a little slicing and splicing was done. I need to get a closer look at these cars before plunking down $600 for tires I may not be able to use.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.