SP Tools P/N 85500 FWD Wheel Bearing Remover.

This is a very usefull tool for removing front wheel bearing.

The tool I am referring to is the Schley Products tool No. 85500. , The tool was designed specifically to remove and replace the front wheel bearings on VWs and Audi and Porsche 914 rear bearings without having to remove the wheel bearing housing from the car. One advantage of using this tool is that it doesn't disturb the front end alignment. The traditional method, i.e., the method described in the Bentley manual, is to remove the WB housing from the car and take it to the dealer or some other place that has a proper press. The main downside to this method is that realignment is necessary at the end of the procedure.

The Schley tool consists of a monster machine bolt, perhaps 3/4" diameter and 12 inches or more long, a steel "cup" that looks like the head of a piston, a monster 3" long nut and a set of heavy steel washer-like disks that vary in diameter depending on what car you're working on. You use the one that is just smaller than the outer race of the bearing. Each disk also has a raised central projection that just fits inside the inner race to keep everything lined up. The tool "set" also includes two pairs of long bolts, one pair of which have the same threads as your car's lugbolts. The other pair fit somebody else's car.

MSRP $380 Asking for $230 of Best Offer

SERIOUS LOCAL C O D  BUYERS ONLY !

PLS. NO LOWBALL OFFERS and CASH SALE ONLY

WILL ONLY SHIP ON PAID SHIPPING COST TO CONFIRMED

and VERIFIED PAYPAL ADDRESSES ONLY

Contact me @ (415) 571-6471

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
View the full article