Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS:1973 1.7L 914 $1800.00 Price Reduced Greenwood , IN
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
rettigdw914
Guys, I am letting my car go, wife wants it out of the house and no more funding is available. Here is the post:

Up for sale is a 1973 Porsche 914 with a 1.7L engine. This car still has fuel injection and has not been replaced with carbs.

The following is a list of items replaced/fixed:
-All Push Rod tube seals replaced
- Valves adjusted
-Points have been changed over to compufire electronic ignition
-New spark plugs and wires added 6 months ago
- Compression test on all 4 cylinders about a year and a half ago was 120 psi with no more than 4 psi variability between cylinders.
-Rebuilt fuel pump(30psi solid),
-Injectors ultrasonically cleaned
-Rebuilt MPS from Bret Instruments
-TPS calibrated
-Vacuum lines replaced,
-Injector seals replaced
-Intake runner gaskets and hose to plenum replaced
-Rebuilt distributor
-New cap,rotor,coil

Purchase also includes lots of extra parts, used set on Koni rear struts, a good parts transmisstion, the full factory service manual electronically searchable(over 1000 pages), and much more information on these cars.

Items needing to be fixed/improved:

- It has low power under load and my mechanic said he is 70% sure it needs a new clutch as it appears to be slipping. Clutch kits are $350.00
- Second gear syncro is worn but it does shift
- needs new door handles
- crack in windshield
- need new engine cover brackets and may need new trunk lid.
- some rust on the passenger quarter panel and on the longtitutinals.

If you check out the price for a fully restored car, they can go for much more. I simply don't have the time anymore and the wife wants it gone. These are fun cars to drive and they have amazing cornering.

Price is $1800.00, cash only and I cannot deliver. I have title on hand. No scams please

Due to the clutch issue, it is driveable for about 10 miles, longer than that, I would recommend a trailer, unless you know how to drive a car with a slipping clutch as I do not.
rettigdw914
By the way, any PMs on what you think it is worth are welcome as well.
Ky914Newbie
I would like to see pics of the rust on the longs and hell hole to get a better idea of what a restoration would take.
rnellums
I also would be interested in some Pictures of the rusty areas. I am located in Lafayette as well.
rnellums
I may actually be able to come see it Friday afternoon if you are available after 5.
rettigdw914
My apologies for the late reply, I was counting on getting an e-mail when someone responded to my post. If you are still interested feel free to e-mail me at dwrettig@sbcglobal.net or call me at 317-460-7049.

I am reposting this ad tonight with a price reduction to $1800.00

I have added some pics to the initial post above. I'll try to get some pics of the Longs. When it was in the shop, I asked the mechanic to check out the longtitutinal under the battery tray. He said it is still solid even though there is some rust.

Thanks,
Don
rettigdw914
Here are pics of the longtitudinal on the passenger side. The hose is for the Air conditioning.

Thanks,
Don
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.