Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Taking Car to Frame Shop
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Brett W
The time has come (and money) for my baby to get pulled. Hopefully to right the wrongs I caused in the little off tarmac incident. I have the factory specs from the factory service manual and my own measurements, what else do you guys reccommend I take down there?
seanery
cash biggrin.gif
drew365
Just curious about what they are going to do to your car and how they will do it. Are they going to use a jig with adapters that are specific to the 914? Where do they attach?
Brad Roberts
Hopefully they have a Cellete bench and can rent the factory designed fixtures.

The fixtures pick up EVERY point on the chassis that has a threaded hole (and some that are not like the upper strut mount and rear shock mounts.)

B
Brett W
I am not sure what type of bench it is but they came highly recommended locally. I talked to the guy that runs the bench today and he said I needed to find the KLH or Mitchell frame specs. I have the factory stuff but it sucks compared to some of the aftermarket stuff.

Brad do you have that info close by? If so email me your phone number at strt_lgl_fp_914 at mindspring dot com.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.