Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Opinions on this one?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BraunSC
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...ssPageName=WDVW

I spoke to the owner, he said the rust tear under the passenger seat occurred this morning when he was jacking it up to take photos. Doesn't look good to me, but I thought I'd get some knowledgible opinions.
GaroldShaffer
Hard to say looking at the pics. Overall it "looks" ok, but there are rust issues, I know they all have rust issues. That pass long could be nothing or something major. That's the part I don't like. The pedal board is nothing major, same thing for the seats.

If you are truly interested get a PPI done to it but know that the pass long issue needs to be addressed ASAP in my book. At the current price of $2.8k I think they are close to max that they will get for it. There's my 2 cents for what it's worth.
JmuRiz
The paint is so nice that the rust is bubbling up from underneath blink.gif
Looks like they bought it to make into a race car, it looked really nice to them on the outside but once they looked deeper it's a rustbucket with a macco paintjob. That's just my opinion. Have a look at it for yourself. There is a lot of rust on the underside (look at the under the hell-hole longitudinal pic, scarry), looks fishy.
If you want a 914 for the track get ahold of Jim, or PM me and I get get you in touch. He's been entertaining the idea of selling his most recent buy. Good luck!
SirAndy
QUOTE(itsa914 @ Jun 22 2004, 01:01 PM)
That pass long could be nothing or something major.

i disagree ( wink.gif )

the long looks BAD, and that's just the part you can see!!!
my experience with rust, take what you can see from the outside and mulitply by 10 to get the full amount of rust ...

i wouldn't touch it unless you know how to weld and you have lots of time and $$$

smash.gif Andy
Chris H.
Yeah you should go out and look at it if it's local and you are really interested.

Poke around that rust spot. If that's all it is it can be fixed, but you can't tell from the pic. It would be great if you could undo the screws along the bottom of the rocker panels and look under there. That might tell you if it's a bigger problem. Also check under the battery/hell hole area. I would look REALLY closely.

Looks fairly clean topside and in the engine bay. I agree that the seats and pedal board are no biggee. Used pedal board = $20-$30, seat bottom about $50 same on e-bay.
Gint
agree.gif That tub is rusty, gauranteed. That top piece under the sail panel alone is a pricey repair. And if the long has that kind of rust, there is more. If you're a welder/body/paint man, might be a good buy. But not if the price goes beyond what it is now.
SLITS

RUN AWAY - DON'T LOOK BACK

Unless you can buy it real cheap - cracked when jacking up the car my ass - that is

NOT

a fresh break mad.gif slap.gif alfred.gif
jarbuthnot
Quote from his ad "PCA member and a previous owner of 12 Porches". He must like to sit outside a lot.
aircooledboy
Ya know Slits,

Sometimes I get really pissed off when you post. I can never tell what you really think. Just spit it out dood. It's good for ya laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif chairfall.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(aircooledboy @ Jun 22 2004, 04:00 PM)
Ya know Slits,

Sometimes I get really pissed off when you post. I can never tell what you really think. Just spit it out dood. It's good for ya laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif chairfall.gif

Yeh, I'm an oblique kinda guy wacko.gif
ablose58
RUN FORREST RUN biggrin.gif
sgomes
Looking at the pics in the ad I got the same feeling when I was looking at one 914 after another to buy. At first the car looks great. Paint looks fantastic. Engine looks great - sounds great. Interior is ok - fixable. THEN you get a look at the hell hole huh.gif ohmy.gif mad.gif headbang.gif finger.gif (in that order). Sucks. I know we're not supposed to bad mouth car ads on here but that one is pretty easy. There are better cars out there. Unless you got the time, money, and desire I'd take a big pass on that one. Sucks...

Shannon
Looking for a good tub
914momo
agree.gif you should pass on this one. When i bought my teener it looked identical to that one.Here i am 1 year later and my car is parked indefinatley due to serious long rust.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.