Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: For Sale: 1970 914/6 GT 2.7 Liter
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Scott Carlberg
the last couple of issues of Autoweek has had this 914 racecar for sale.

I emailed the owner and told him of the
914world.com & it's classifieds.
I gave him the option of sending me the info, along with any pictures, and I'd post them for him.

The AutoWeek ad:

> 1970 Porsche 914/6 GT 2.7 liter
Carillos, Twin Plug Heads, 916 factory transmission, RSR Clutch, 7 & 8" Fuchs, all original factory GT parts, Coilover Struts & 930 Brakes, Fuel Cell and Race Ready.

Contact Butch 253.435.9143 <

His email reply:
Scott,
Thanks for the info on the club. We have not sold the car yet. I have attached some pictures for those who are interested. If someone wants more info than what's in the Autoweek ad, just have them give me a call at the number below M-F 8-12pm and 2-5pm PST.

Butch

Dennison International Motorsports
11203 Benston Dr E # 500
Puyallup, WA 98372

253-435-9143 tel
253-435-0793 fax

Here are the 7 pics he sent
Scott Carlberg
2 of 7
Scott Carlberg
3 of 7
Scott Carlberg
4 of 7
Scott Carlberg
5 of 7
Scott Carlberg
6 of 7
boy would this be faster with DSL or what! laugh.gif wacko.gif
Scott Carlberg
7th and last pic clap56.gif
Joe Bob
Geeez, Hate to ask....but .....HOW MUCH?
J P Stein
CCLINNEEDSTHISCAR biggrin.gif
JmuRiz
That's a homemade GT right, doesn't look like a factory one, if it was it's a shame it got hacked up! Nice looking car though. He should post the VIN wink.gif
J P Stein
Hacked up?
Sign me up, my car should be so hacked biggrin.gif
JmuRiz
Hacked up?

Meaning it's a SWEET car, but if it was a real factory GT it's been "hacked up" that's all i meant by it biggrin.gif
GaroldShaffer
it's a shame it got hacked up

I will take one of those hack jobs any day wink.gif
Ferg
Oh my! wub.gif
thesey914
Are you trying to make me drown in my own drool?? ohmy.gif
Dave Bell
Ad shows up on Autoweek web site classified with no price.

I e-mailed for asking price... maybe someone else has talked by phone already and got the info.
vortrex
good lord that is nice.
Scott Carlberg
Seller sent me this reply, re: Price: $35,000.00
vortrex
like they say, you couldn't build it for that. would be interesting to see a spec sheet on it.
Brad Roberts
Damn nice car and a REAL fair price tag. Easily has 70+K in it (unless he did EVERYTHING himself)

B
TimT
Brad no way do I see 35K for that car...

Its a nice looking car...but not 35K worth...

I paid 11K for my seam welded,916 flared,Imsa spoilered, coil over,5 bolt, 3.2 w/short gears, 7&9s full cage tied to A&B pillars, Petty bar, etc.

The only thing crappy on my car is the paint..and it not an original six..

If a paint job will bring the price up 20K from what I paid, Ill toss in a $5K paint job on the car. Then Ill sell my car and get another one...
Brad Roberts
You got a smokin deal. No doubt about that. I have 33k in a car we cant drive right now and it doesnt have paint on it. The owner insisted that we build one from scratch instead of buying a car already done and "fixing" it.

Another case in point. We have 8-10 914 2.0 4 cyl guys with over 25k in their cars. They are NICE cars.

B
TimT
Apparently I made a good investment!!!

even though it is called a track rat by some people who know me

maybe Im out of tune with costs, some people pay stupid money for these cars ( porsches In general) because they can.

Im thinking of doing the Foley suspension pickup mod, and freshening up the paint the winter.. Paul made me some nice glass door skins...

Nice to see you posting again beerchug.gif
vortrex
QUOTE(TimT @ Jun 22 2004, 04:44 PM)
The only thing crappy on my car is the paint..and it not an original six

and there is a lot of the value right there. from the pics, the body and paint look superior. also throw in the fact that it says it has real GT parts on it...not cheap. this car seems to be far from the avg 914 track beater. to me, this is a show car that can hit the track or street.
TimT
it has real GT parts on it...

That is sooooo hard to prove...apparently the factory made x amount of GT's. and made some conversion kits

How many isnt really clear...Im still a 914 noob, but in my short time if seen a respected broker get burned by a salvage titled "GT" that was just a /4 with some repro hoods with balsa reinforcement and a sweet paint job

A fellow in my pca region owns a /6 with livery and history, I believe it was a Sebring winning car...

I think he got in the mid 5 digit range for the car..

and this car was tits, not a /6 conversion..

Maybe someone will pay 35K for this car.... I think you would be nuts to pay that... but alot of people have more money than they know what to do with...

I recently found a GT3RSR tub for 9K idea.gif
morgan
Brad right, go build a car like that and only put 35.000 into it.
I'm puttting one together now and I 'm doing all the work myself
The engine Alone maybe 10.00 to 12.000
JM <_<
vortrex
QUOTE(TimT @ Jun 22 2004, 06:03 PM)
That is sooooo hard to prove...apparently the factory made x amount of GT's. and made some conversion kits

How many isnt really clear...Im still a 914 noob, but in my short time if seen a respected broker get burned by a salvage titled "GT" that was just a /4 with some repro hoods with balsa reinforcement and a sweet paint job

A fellow in my pca region owns a /6 with livery and history, I believe it was a Sebring winning car...

I think he got in the mid 5 digit range for the car..

and this car was tits, not a /6 conversion..

Maybe someone will pay 35K for this car.... I think you would be nuts to pay that... but alot of people have more money than they know what to do with...

I recently found a GT3RSR tub for 9K idea.gif

I think there were 400 kits. I am sure you can tell repro from real.

the broker that got burned by the 914-4 "GT" obvisouly didn't know much about 914's or do the homework. wasn't this the black car with all weirdness about it, including being two cars welded together??

a real GT in the $50k range would be a steal if that were true. I believe the M471's are even commanding those prices. I'm pretty sure the car pictured here is not a /6 conversion.

I would pay $35k for this car if I had the money and wanted to do some track time. you would save money in the long run. now of course this car *could be* a total piece of junk, but I doubt it from what the pics show.

it's the same theory as people buying $2500 914-4's because they are a "great deal" and dumping an additional $5-10k into them to have a $4k car.
seanery
Tim, have you hung the door skins yet? If so, can you post pics showing your process? If not, can you do a tech article when you do?

thanks, biggrin.gif
TimT
Ill do a blow by blow on the door skins this fall/winter... I have too much on my plate now, so Im choosing to just drive the car :>

BTW Paul made some nice pieces !!!

I think there were 400 kits

OK, and how many wannabees are there out there...? Ive seen more than a few older cars misrepresented, made to be what they are not, this doesnt apply just do Porsches

I just think people unknowingly pay more than some cars are worth..

35K for this car is nuts.. but then again Im sure someone will pay it... some people have mad money...

I bought my car for 11K 3.2/short gears yada yada....coil overs....brakes etc....

Ill repaint my car, and cash in on the 20K plus some people will pay for it...
DNHunt
Let's send Kevin out to look at it. He's practically neighbors with the guy and he'll tell us what he thinks.

Dave
Bleyseng
Time for a PPI by a local, damn I can't get to it till next week.

This car looks way nicer than the 3.2 I test drove earlier in the year. I think you got the deal of the decade Tim on your car.

Geoff
URY914
BTW Paul made some nice pieces !!!

Thanks Tim. I was holding off on going public with the anouncement that I'm making them but if you like them, spread the word!! biggrin.gif

I've got pictures of the skins that I'll post soon.

Paul
brant
Tim,

I've got to agree.. you got a steal..
You've got to figure that if this car is a real -6 vin that adds 8-10K to the price.. same reason brad is building the big bore out of a real -6 vin... (resale)

It would probably add 8-10K to your car too.

It is very easy to sink 35K into build up.
I could easily believe that they guy put over 35K into that car if you count any of the labor.
I'm embarrased to say that I've got about 35K into my non-running race car and thats with nearly 0 labor.

think about this car is that its too nice to be a racer, and is more of a show piece...
at least on my project, if I total it I'll be able to buy a new shell and start over with my parts..
b
jfort
I like it and if I had $35,000 to burn, which I don't, I'd buy it.
vortrex
it's not hard to add up the costs, but I don't know what some of that stuff is worth (such as the motor).

$5k 914-6 tub
$10k+ strip, dip/blast, bodywork, weld on flares, prime, paint
$1.5k flares
$2k wheels and tires
$1k body rubber
$2k interior
$10k? motor

so that's over $30k right there and you're not even close to being done. I can't believe people don't see $35k in it. I would guess $50k+ to duplicate this car with doing a fair share of the work yourself.
Bleyseng
Duh, how about the guy who has 100k in his "using real 914/6GT parts" car. Value is what others will pay for it, not what you put in to it. A nice car brings nice money.

Geoff
anthony
Someone should make the guy an offer. If he's asking $35k, he'll probably take $30K!
TimT
I can't believe people don't see $35k in it.

I know you could easily have 35K+ in a car like this, I have near that into my 911, but I doubt anyone would pay me 35-40K for a 69 911 racecar

Value is what others will pay for it, not what you put in to it.

thats what I meant , but didnt get across to clearly..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.