Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Houston, TX Swap Meet July 31
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dlee1967
Mark your calendars!

All Porsche Swap Meet

When: Saturday July 31, 2004 9AM to 1PM

Where: Protecta International Parking Lot, 7707 Pinemont Drive, Houston, TX 77040 (Off Highway 290 on the North West side of Houston)

Cost: There is no cost. Just sell, buy or trade a few parts and make some new friends.

Sponsored by: HOUSTON 914
The Houston 914 Support Group (we’re not a club)

Bring your spares (treasures or junk) and your wish list. There is plenty of room for trailers, trucks, cars, and loads of parts on the site parking lot. Bathroom facilities are available and indoor warehouse space is available with tables for display on a first come-first served basis. Those with cars and trailers may setup in the parking lot. Please provide your own chairs, canopies and bring a hat.
(Rain or shine, the event it on!)

For additional information please contact:

David Lee Email: dlee1967@pdq.net
8103 Wateka Drive Cell: 832-453-8103
Houston, TX 77074
Eddie Williams
work schedule permitting, I'll be there.
Brad Roberts
Make sure you put this into the calender of events. Keep bumping it. I see more and more SoTex people signing up. You should have a good turnout.

B
dlee1967
Thanks Brad, it's in the calendar. From the number of emails that have come back today, it should be a good event. Maybe we can get a few of these Porsches back on the road in Texas. I usually seem to buy more than I sell or trade at these events, but that is what it's all about. DLee
JWest
I might be able to make that. I'll pencil it in.
sanman
Hi David I Will be there. I hope I can get my car ready for the meet. If not I will bring some extra parts to swap or sell. Thinking of doing a 5 lug conversion soon. Looking foward to meeting the Houston crowd
Ready to drive driving.gif but it just one project after another headbang.gif
Bigbohr
Great!!! Good opportunity to get rid of some pieces that I don't need for my conversion. If someone needs a (working) engine and tranny, wheels, interior ... 4-lug suspension happy11.gif happy11.gif
Hope to meet a lot of you at the meet ...
dlee1967
bump....
dlee1967
Bump
Bigbohr
If you're interested in attending the meet or if you just want to support the Houston/Texas 914 crowd, add a reply so it stays on top of the BB list.
And that way David doesn't have to bump it every day or so ...
Thanks!!! cool.gif
dlee1967
Great response so far from many Porsche owners. Local 914 owners and those from surrounding cities. (San Antonio, Austin, Beaumont, Baton Rouge and even as far as Monroe) Many 911 (and variants) owners as well. The 912 group have also chimed in. There should be at least two 914s there that are for for sale and there are said to be a few V8 conversion cars also. I will bring my ratty V8 car and maybe the new V8 (nice car) if it is nearing completion. I hope to see that Toyjet will bring his car this time and give us more news on his LS1 conversion for the 914. Where are the 944 owners? Hey.....hey.....no flames please. We are an equal opportunity swap meet here! If it is a Porsche (even a tractor), it is welcome. I hope to meet many new Porsche owners at this event. David Lee
cha914
I will try and make this event also...need an excuse to put some more miles on the car. Are there any Autox's going on that same weekend? tongue.gif

Anyone from austin that might want to caravan shoot me an email at: tonytchavez@yahoo.com

Tony driving.gif
dlee1967
bump
dlee1967
bump
Red-Beard
I may make this, if only for a couple of minutes. Our New house is only a few miles from there and we will be probably deep into the arranging the furniture mode....

Hmmm.

Maybe I can bring my stash of West Coast, rust free parts (read it any way you like).

Seriously though. I have a small collection of hoods and trunk lids and tranny cases. If anyone is interested in something, let me know before I purge this stuff to a San Diego metal recycler.

James
dlee1967
914 Rescue has delivered another "parts car" to the swap meet site. This one came from Baton Rouge. 1976 car with a 1.8L totally disassembled engine, side shifter trans and linkage, instruments, heat exhchangers, good front and rear fenders for sawzall action, doors and complete suspension with some aftermarket "yellow" rear springs. Floors and longs are totally gone, but there are a ton of parts available for the picking. The front trunk floor might be of use to someone patching up an A/C car. (I don't feel bad about cutting this one up) Of interest are the two downdraft Webers that are somewhat melted from an engine fire. Maybe there are some good parts in there??? Remember there is plenty of room at this swap meet, so bring lots of parts and you can even drag in parts cars. (just please don't leave them on the lot ) DLee
ClayPerrine
We are driving down on Friday night. Anyone got a lead on a good hotel close to the site ?

Sorry.. got to leave the teener at home..... It's not the drive, it's the carrying capacity.

Clay Perrine

74 914 1.8L (Betty's Daily Driver)
73 914 2.4L MFI Six (In process of reassembly)

"It is better to wear out than to rust out."
Red-Beard
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jul 13 2004, 04:14 AM)
We are driving down on Friday night. Anyone got a lead on a good hotel close to the site ?

Sorry.. got to leave the teener at home..... It's not the drive, it's the carrying capacity.

Clay Perrine

74 914 1.8L (Betty's Daily Driver)
73 914 2.4L MFI Six (In process of reassembly)

"It is better to wear out than to rust out."

If you relocate the spare tire to the rear trunk, you can fit 3 transmissions in the front trunk....

We need a teener tow trailer. Like something built out of the rear end of a 914. Hmmmm.

Parts stash will not make it to Houston until Aug 1st, or so I'm told...

James
jandro62
If my new motor shows up soon, i should have the car back together in time for the swap meet. I'm up in the Woodlands this summer, so that should be fairly close.
trojanhorsepower
I won't be able to make it, but my friend Bob Wegner might go for me.

I miss Houston.

-Pete
Red-Beard
I'll be there, but I will not have the blond. There is a reasonable chance that the "Govenator" will make it for Saturday.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.