Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another 6 on e-Bay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gandalf_025
Just found this auction on E-bay.. Complete car that needs work ??
Wonder what it will go for ??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-914...=item2c5de0f264
rnellums
Looks like a lot of hidden rust to me.
scotty b
Owner could have increased the max by 50% just by running a buffer over it. That paint would shine up pretty nicely. Interesting this early on it is already at 10,000.00
elmonte
It's listed on Pelican for $22,500
Cairo94507
Hell I don't know it does not look that bad to me. Yeah some rust on the door bottoms but overall it is a desirable car especially for someone who wants to do a restoration. Matching numbers with the original parts is a big plus. I think that car should go for about $13-$15K. I would still have to see a bunch more photos but from what I see, I would not run.
Grelber
Up to $15.1k already.
carr914
I wish we wouldn't Post ( or at least Reply) to these Threads - we just tear apart someone's car

T.C.
gandalf_025
Posting Intent wasn't to invite a bashing of the car..
I have seen people on this forum ask about sixes for sale and what to expect in certain price ranges. e-Bay should be a pretty good place to see what a certain car would sell for. That is all...
People do chime in and pick out non original stuff at times.. Especially in the case of the $69,000. "Museum Quality" car last week..
This car looks like a driver.. Complete and running. I would expect to see some things not original on it.
What better place than here for an interested party to find out what people with knowledge of these cars see as possible issues.
Drums66
yellowsleep[1].gif yellowsleep[1].gif yellowsleep[1].gif popcorn[1].gif
bye1.gif
carr914
QUOTE(gandalf_025 @ Jul 11 2011, 01:05 PM) *

Posting Intent wasn't to invite a bashing of the car..

I wasn't trying to crash your party, just the eventual bashing of cars. I think we should be more prideful of our cars, regardless of condition

T.C.
pete000
This car was sold recently from Stockton CA. Looks like a quick flip.

I think it sold between 18 and 21K I was inquiring about the car myself.

Looks to have had a quick dust off and fixed some trunk rust. Ordered a COA and bam, a quick 5 gand profit a month later Thanks to ebay and the Pelican.

I like the patina look !

sixerdon
QUOTE(gandalf_025 @ Jul 10 2011, 01:35 PM) *

Just found this auction on E-bay.. Complete car that needs work ??
Wonder what it will go for ??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-914...=item2c5de0f264

$21,100???
KELTY360
Anybody here?
pete000
Wasn't me, I am surprised it went that high.

I went and looked at the car and was interested, but due to a rear end collision I passed. The rear deck lid and rear fenders did not look right. The rear fender corners were hand formed out of Bondo and did not match the trunk contour. Also there was more Bondo everywhere on the car than I would have liked.

Very little rust in all the regular places though. smilie_pokal.gif

Lots of fresh gear oil and engine oil on the floor as well. Looked like the oil tank or hoses were leaking. sawzall-smiley.gif

Noting a full rotisserie restoration can't fix though. welder.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.