Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Crack ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scotty b
Look I know 356 prices. I know how desireable they are. I know the value of a Ruetter body but come on

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-356...5fCarsQ5fTrucks

If this thing sells for that price or more I'm listing my Roadster and my coupe. dry.gif
scotty b
dry.gif
scotty b
chair.gif So for 16,000.00 you get 2 useable doors, a useable set of seat hinges, a set of rebuildable gauges and a real deal faded out Ruetter badge
SirAndy
screwy.gif
timofly
Maybe you guys missed the point. What you are buying here, my friends, is paperwork so that someone can piece a car together with a beautiful provenance and sucker someone into believing that it is real. I did love reading the ad, though. Anyone with such a highly developed disregard for spelling has a special place in my esteem.
Porschef
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 10 2011, 08:32 PM) *

screwy.gif

Gimme a 6 of Flyin' Dog Ragin' Bitch an I'll take it to my nearby recycler for .05/lb.

K?
Vysoc
Who in their right mind would tackle that thing for zero dollars much less pay 15K for that pile.
I have seen rust before but that is crazy!!!!

Vysoc chair.gif
Eric_Shea
When I saw the title I thought Z was back... blink.gif
abnrdo
You saw a badge? Wow...I have a bridge.....no medical insurance....

blink.gif
draganc
"...THE CABRIOLET DOORS ARE COMPLETE AND IN GOOD CONDITION ..."

lol-2.gif

porsche_dreamer
Man are they loco?
r_towle
restored it will sell for 100k.
50k to build it, and that is farmed out.
Do the math.

Rich
Eric_Shea

Not possible. (me thinks)

That's a 100k+ build out. It would take years.
KELTY360
QUOTE(scotty b @ Jul 10 2011, 05:09 PM) *

chair.gif So for 16,000.00 you get 2 useable doors, a useable set of seat hinges, a set of rebuildable gauges and a real deal faded out Ruetter badge

No, you also get that keen rolling platform. chair.gif
aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jul 10 2011, 09:59 PM) *

agree.gif

Doesn't sound like you've farmed out much stuff. . . popcorn[1].gif
r_towle
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jul 11 2011, 12:59 AM) *

dont know who you use, but its true...
two years, maybe.
need to have the right team in place to get things done.
That is not to say I would even attempt that car...not worth tying up the money for that long.
Rich
scotty b
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jul 10 2011, 08:59 PM) *

agree.gif you would have MINIMUM 10,000 just in metal. NOT the additional parts, NOT the rechroming, NOT the bodyand paint work, NOT the interior, NOT the assembly, NOT the engine and tans rebuild. A PROPER 356 engine rebuild is closing in on the 15,000.00 mark. I have yet to see or build one that didn't need significant machine work, and by the looks of this one it needs the whole shooting match. Case halves machined, re-lign bored etc etc etc. 80K + to get a 100,000.00 car and 3+ years unless the owner has DEEP pockets and can keep the money flowing every week until completed

Like I said, crack may very well be involved here.

Or Barrett Jackson-itis.............Is there really any difference confused24.gif

r_towle
it is an "asking price"
he can ask whatever he wants.

Rich
aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jul 11 2011, 07:42 AM) *

two years, maybe.

I sorta do this stuff full time. . . Well, the mechanical side of restoration (everything but body and paint).

At the typical shop rate (around here) of $80 p/hr + parts and supplies, your budget of $50K will last ONE guy 625 man hours before it's exhausted. That's only about 5 months @ 8hrs a day, 5 days a week. We haven't even bought part #1. . . Yet you say with the right team, meaning likely more than one guy, and 2 years (huh??) it could be done for $50K?? O.K.. . . confused24.gif

When this '58 Speedster (original, un-restored and rust-free example) showed-up last week, I immediately placed a call to my insurance agent to up the policy while it's in my care. . . drooley.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

r_towle
QUOTE(aircooledtechguy @ Jul 11 2011, 12:01 PM) *
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jul 11 2011, 07:42 AM) *

two years, maybe.

I sorta do this stuff full time. . . Well, the mechanical side of restoration (everything but body and paint).

At the typical shop rate (around here) of $80 p/hr + parts and supplies, your budget of $50K will last ONE guy 625 man hours before it's exhausted. That's only about 5 months @ 8hrs a day, 5 days a week. We haven't even bought part #1. . . Yet you say with the right team, meaning likely more than one guy, and 2 years (huh??) it could be done for $50K?? O.K.. . . confused24.gif

When this '58 Speedster (original, un-restored and rust-free example) showed-up last week, I immediately placed a call to my insurance agent to up the policy while it's in my care. . . drooley.gif

I know you are in business and no need to argue the point.
Again, its his asking price.

Rich
william1764
QUOTE(scotty b @ Jul 10 2011, 04:07 PM) *

Look I know 356 prices. I know how desireable they are. I know the value of a Ruetter body but come on

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-356...5fCarsQ5fTrucks

If this thing sells for that price or more I'm listing my Roadster and my coupe. dry.gif

Damn - is this even repairable? WOW
zymurgist
That car *is* a hell hole.
SirAndy
QUOTE(william1764 @ Jul 11 2011, 09:15 AM) *
Damn - is this even repairable?

No. Cars that far gone are not "repaired". They are rebuild. Completely different process ...
popcorn[1].gif
HAM Inc
A good body man and a little bondo. That's all it needs.
And some love! lol-2.gif
mikelsr
Three or four years ago a body man (he's worked on my Durango) around here found a 356 in a field with trees growing through it, bought it and then put it on fleabay. Someone from France paid him big $$ for it. I never got to see the car but he said it was in very sad shape.
stugray
And WE thought we had rust problems.
That obviously sat in a field somewhere.

NOW I thought you were SELLING Crack!
That was exactly the motivation I needed to get my car off the Jackstands!! ;-) DAMN!

Stu
scotty b
Round 2

Not AS bad, and at least this one is a bent window with most of the parts. But asking 70,000.00 WTF.gif smoke.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...atchlink:top:en
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.