Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1.8 Drive train
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
abnrdo
Hello everyone,

Made it back safe from Afghanistan. While overseas I found myself spending countless hours reading the 914World content. I am just about to take the drive train out of my car, and I need your opions.

How much is this stuff worth? I have a 1975 engine and transmission. The engine is complete with fuel injection. It runs and has 128K.

Thanks,
Jim

sawzall-smiley.gif
Black22
Jim,

Welcome back and Thank You! Glad you made it back safe. piratenanner.gif beerchug.gif

As for the drivetrain...I have a 74 1.8 w/ FI and want to know the answer too. Maybe someone with better appraisal skills will chime in.

Mike

QUOTE(abnrdo @ Jul 11 2011, 06:42 AM) *

Hello everyone,

Made it back safe from Afghanistan. While overseas I found myself spending countless hours reading the 914World content. I am just about to take the drive train out of my car, and I need your opions.

How much is this stuff worth? I have a 1975 engine and transmission. The engine is complete with fuel injection. It runs and has 128K.

Thanks,
Jim

sawzall-smiley.gif

reharvey
As a fellow vet I want to welcome you back! I have several 1.7 and 1.8 engines and parts but haven't been able to sell any of it unless you're willing to give it away. Everyone seems to be into the 2.0 stuff---including myself. Good luck on getting rid of it. Ray sad.gif
aircooledtechguy
Welcome back!! Thank you for your service!!!! flag.gif

A pulled motor no matter how complete and good running you say it is, is only a core (maybe $200) to the buyer unless you have first documented it running. The most used and biggest cliche' in the world is "It ran great before it was pulled. . ." rolleyes.gif

Before pulling it, take digital video of it running in the car and be sure to pan down to the engine number as it's running so that you can prove it's the motor you have out. Also, if possible, advertise it for sale BEFORE you pull it and allow the perspective buyer to see it run and if possible, drive the car with the motor before it's pulled. A god running and properly documented motor could be worth up to maybe $1000 for a guy who wants his car on the road while he builds his big motor.

Good Luck!!
abnrdo
Well, I am afraid to start the darn thing. I know it runs, but with the original plastic fuel lines.....

The PO drove it from Cali to Denver last summer.

Looks like I will be asking way less than $1k.

Thanks!
abnrdo
Worked on the motor today. I am going to try and start it tomorrow. I need to change the oil first, then cap any exposed wires. (I have been working on getting it ready for the rotisserie.)

So this engine is complete with fuel injection. I will try to post photos and maybe a video this weekend. If it doesnt start, Im out $50 for the oil and filter, and I will only be asking $400 for both engine and tranny.

beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.