Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Technical Article
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
balljoint
Okay, I've got her started, can you guys flesh this article out a bit? I'm looking at $125 per wheel to send them away, that's practically $500 for four wheels. I'd rather spend that dough on rubber so what do I do now? smile.gif
SLITS
Semi-chrome paste for the bright areas along with bruised fingers unless you have a dremel polish wheel (or drill for that matter). Black paint for the rest.

Or

800 then 1200 then 1600 wet dry sandpaper with bruised fingers and black paint.

or

Spend the $500 biggrin.gif

A fair amount of work, but you Canuks have time on your hands anyway (during the long cold winters).

I've never done it, but I can offer advice.

I went with Mahles. Media Blast and paint (Wurth's Silver Lacquer).
balljoint
I believe the fake Fuchs are cast aluminum, which would mean they would be more porous and not be good candidates for polishing (not that I would go that way).

Would blasting them with an alternate media (softer) be an option?

carr914
Go with the RSR "Frosted" Finish

dlkawashima
QUOTE(balljoint @ Jul 11 2011, 05:19 PM) *

I believe the fake Fuchs are cast aluminum, which would mean they would be more porous and not be good candidates for polishing (not that I would go that way).

These Fuchs repros are polished:
http://www.kustom1warehouse.net/2_liter_al...iteralloyrl.htm
balljoint
Those are new. I wonder if their centre caps would fit in my takers? idea.gif
balljoint
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jul 11 2011, 08:32 PM) *

Go with the RSR "Frosted" Finish

That is a very pretty look.

I think I might paint four segments black. Probably all on one side for the half moon look. That would look cool rolling down Main St.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.