Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cowl Rain Drip Tray Ideas Needed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
sgh
I recently acquired a 914-6 very accurately modfied to Brumos GT spec (but different color) that was originally done with vintage racing in mind. It has subsequently been redirected to an aggressive street car, but still retains the fire supression system and fuel cell. I have the original blower housing and drip tray, but it will not fit with the fire supression system in the way. Have any of you guys out there run into a similiar problem and how did you solve it? I would prefer not to have to fabricate something from scratch if there is an already completed solution that other racers use. Thanks!
SirAndy
QUOTE(sgh @ Jul 11 2011, 01:56 PM) *
Have any of you guys out there run into a similiar problem and how did you solve it?

Most guys just leave the blower off and block off the cowl vents. I don't think there's any off the shelf solution for a custom blower housing.

I have seen custom blower housings made of aluminum, but i'm pretty sure they were one-offs.

popcorn[1].gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.