Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ahhh finally figured it out!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ILM914
a while ago i posted for help to figure out why my 74 2.0 was bucking and missing. I got all the usual answers that helped me along the way of eliminating the same. Valve adjustment, Timing, rotor, cap, cylinder head sensor, replaced my petrinix elec ignition module (unneccearily), replaced and tested trigger points. and thought it might be the connection at the trigger point 3 prong plug on the Dizzy. Spark plugs & wires. No one mentioned the dizzy itself. Thanks what is failing. When I push it one way or the other the car runs better. must me slop in the shaft bearings. So glad will report more once good dizzy is in. Can't wait to drive a proper running 914, it's been a long time. Thanks everyone havin her painted soon will also post some pics of the resto Joe H/ ilm914
76-914
smilie_pokal.gif Congrats. Now you are an expert, too. smile.gif
Drums66
.....good job bro! aktion035.gif
bye1.gif flag.gif
markb
Well done!
stugray
"No one mentioned the dizzy itself."

Um... yes I did. In my post I specifically said:

"Turns out the dizzy bearings were bad and the rotor was wearing out the dist cap contacts very quickly".

Stu
ILM914
Thanks Stu, sorry, I must have misssed that, now it appears the Dizzy I installed may not me working properly. position is more counterclockwise and timing mark from idle to 3500 rpm only moves quarter inch or less, also can't get idle below 1100. Thanks guys, Joe

o I m
QUOTE(ILM914 @ Jul 11 2011, 05:45 PM) *

a while ago i posted for help to figure out why my 74 2.0 was bucking and missing. I got all the usual answers that helped me along the way of eliminating the same. Valve adjustment, Timing, rotor, cap, cylinder head sensor, replaced my petrinix elec ignition module (unneccearily), replaced and tested trigger points. and thought it might be the connection at the trigger point 3 prong plug on the Dizzy. Spark plugs & wires. No one mentioned the dizzy itself. Thanks what is failing. When I push it one way or the other the car runs better. must me slop in the shaft bearings. So glad will report more once good dizzy is in. Can't wait to drive a proper running 914, it's been a long time. Thanks everyone havin her painted soon will also post some pics of the resto Joe H/ ilm914

underthetire
Put some sewing machine oil in the felt under the rotor. See if the advance frees up..
ILM914
Thanks Jeff I have electronic ignition though I think there's something wrong with this Dizzy though.

v
QUOTE(ILM914 @ Jul 11 2011, 05:45 PM) *

dknechtly
I'm curious, did you ever get this issue resolved?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.