Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Got cones?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
J P Stein
It's time to pass on this hat to a suitable 914AXer.....free is a very gud price.

Some rules:
It can never be washed.....except on your haid in the rain.
It can be sprayed for cooties.....did I mentioned it's gnarly?
You gotta be a hardcore AXer......a resume would help. first.gif
The best line of BS gets the nod...NIP.....Proper deference to old farts is required. huh.gif A long term comittment to this forum & to AX will be taken into consideration. idea.gif

I'll be the judge but will take other's opinions into account..... if I feel like it.

Andyrew
Ooo Ooo!

If you give it to me, My fiancee can wear one as well as me at the wedding! Save money on a hairdresser!

(seriously though, mine is pretty sweat stained from use... so I would like to be considered smile.gif )
r_towle
As an aging old fart with a fondness for crusty caps and I NEVER wash them, it would be my honor to be the caretaker of the famous JP Stein Got Cones hat for the short duration of my stay on this planet.
It will cherish it, sweat in it, stain it and treat it with all the respect that is due to the crown of an old fart.
Given I am sliding into "old fart" territory, I think I am the perfect candidate and we should have some representation on the East Coast for the next journey of the hat.
At the end of my term, I will pick a up and coming old fart for the hat that is worthy of its distinct smell, patina, and faded glory.

Rich
Damn-it you Irrelevant Old Fart I know I was the first to PM you for that beautiful piece of 914 junk...errr membrobilia(I sure hope that I spelled that wrong!!).
I only have 2 1/2 years of AXing the teener but they include a local BSP title in year 1 and local SSM title in year 2. I believe I am currently at the top of the local SSM heap at least for the moment? You know the story at the National Level(LOL). At least I was faster that Shoe!! He had your favorite spot in Class.....Last. He is an Old Fart too!

Freakin Irrelevant Old Fart has to come up with some piece of crap essay for this thing. Jeez high school was 30 years ago, does that make me an Old Fart too. I sure hope so.

I'm not going to grovel yet?? And Andy, you already got one of them there caps. Tho the wedding idea is pretty kewl...
J P Stein
I gots something else that needs to go....all you need is a prominent exterior place to hang it. Again to be passed on when your shop/garage burns down or sumthin'. I'll need to charge shipping on this tho. This was given to me by a nice guy that made it....tho I fergit his name. It's made from about .100" steel plate. My shop no longer contains a 914. None of the hat bullshit applies but a 914 in your shop/garage is a requirement.....yeah, it can be on jackstands.Click to view attachment
Britain Smith
It would work in my garage...since the car is there now smile.gif

-Britain
J P Stein
I slight rule change on the silhouette. It needs to go on the outside of your building where everyone can see it. Sorry Brit.
r_towle
Happy to oblige on the sign.
I happen to have three , no four, 914's inside my shop now...

Rich
Drums66
.......not over a tux....Andyrew flag.gif poke.gif
popcorn[1].gif smoke.gif LOL LOL
bye1.gif
Andyrew
Aw comon, it would look good! tongue.gif

My garage has 2 914's in it now! I'll get a pic to enter into the sign contest as well smile.gif
poorsche914
The 914 silhouette would be a great companion to my house number prominently displayed at my front door.

Click to view attachment

driving.gif
J P Stein
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Jul 12 2011, 12:17 PM) *

The 914 silhouette would be a great companion to my house number prominently displayed at my front door.

Click to view attachment

driving.gif

I like it, I like it.... biggrin.gif

I'll have to let this run for a bit but tomorrow morning I'll call the rules committee together for a decision on both.
r_towle
call to order,,,
brain....here
coffee....here
prostrate....here

OK, we have a quorum, lets start the meeting.
Today we will decide who to give some sh%$ to.

Prostrate.....I have a point of order,,,,I believe I am in charge of who and when we give sh$# to anyone...

Brain...I believe its up to me who we give sh#$ to and who we sh#$ on.

Coffee.....more coffee..

Lets adjorn this meeting till brain and coffee have had more time to confer and resume after a recess of approx 2 hours.

DanT
You know my credentials JP biggrin.gif
AX for over 20 years now in 5 different 914s of my own and a few others including a chop top 914-6. wink.gif that you might remember smile.gif
BKLA
I'm nearby, I have two 914's, I have a shop, I'm now an old fart (50+),
I'm nearby. Did I mention that I'm nearby?

The hat should go to some with an AX pedigree and I don't have the AX experience as others do.

But I do have a long, quiet history with 914's since I purchased my first one in high school sept. 1975. The sign would look great suspended from a support arm fabricated from old shift linkage and axle parts. It would be passed on upon my demise to another worthy 'teener.

Besides, I'll bribe you with babbles and shiny bits when it comes time to rebuild that 2.4 on the shelves of my shop. wink.gif
racerbvd
OK, I guess that I fit the Old Fart, or is that Shart Club....
Well, I was skinny, with Dark hair when I started lol-2.gif
Click to view attachment
Never liking to do things the easy way, I raced this VW Rabbit in SCCA, PCA, Corvette Club and other groups that AXed..
Click to view attachment
I even managed to with the SCCA H Stock with that VW,

which really pissed some people off, as I also had a nice Porsche screwy.gif
Click to view attachment

Started with this 944 looking like this,
Click to view attachment
ended up looking like this, but it also sees full size tracks..
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

My Buddy Phil use to love to come out and watch me dodge cones, and one day gave me this decal...Click to view attachment
racerbvd
happy11.gif This will be the next AX Weapon once the 2.2 twin plug RPM built engine is resealed happy11.gif
Click to view attachment

My 1st SCCA award with the VW PU...
Click to view attachment
Goofing off while waiting for my run...
Click to view attachment

I still like to goof off between runs, what ever I'm racing happy11.gif

Click to view attachment

I would race anything I could get my hands on..
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Course, my hair is no longer dark, but at least I still have it...
J P Stein
OK already, the rules committee has spoken.....tho prostate (he's refereed to as asshole here) was hard to understand, he was the loudest & made threats.

Rich gets the silhouette to adorn his over packed shop.

72759.....whatever/whoever .....gets the hat for his miserable performance at the redneck NT in keeping with it's past performance.

I'll need PMs or emails (preferred) with shipping addys.

I hope this is resolved to most everyone's dissatisfaction.
r_towle
Thank you.

PM has been sent.

The Barn will wear it with pride...considering who it came from.

Rich
Thank You Much, JP....
Will be worn with pride and never washed!!

PM sent....

Ken
r_towle
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Jul 13 2011, 11:47 AM) *

OK already, the rules committee has spoken.....tho prostate (he's refereed to as asshole here) was hard to understand, he was the loudest & made threats.

Rich gets the silhouette to adorn his over packed shop.

72759.....whatever/whoever .....gets the hat for his miserable performance at the redneck NT in keeping with it's past performance.

I'll need PMs or emails (preferred) with shipping addys.

I hope this is resolved to most everyone's dissatisfaction.

Hi,
Did you change your mind?
I, being a fart that is getting older, forgot all about this...
Then I saw the hat in another thread and I remembered about the sign.

I am ok with whatever you deiceded.

Rich
J P Stein
Yeah well.....there's a lot of that old fart forgetfulness going around. idea.gif
I'm heading ou for CA this week so that's out. Next week sometime...if I remember?
The hat went out.....50% ain't that bad...... blink.gif
r_towle
lol...
no biggie, I just saw that hat in some other thread and it rang a bell....

Rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.