Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Installing Innovate 3844 MTX-L
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Mels
My new AFR kit showed up today! I can tell I'm getting older, I didn't try to install the whole thing in 15 minutes. I actually read the directions and it states not to mount the sensor on a downward angle to avoid moisture problems. Makes sense, what's the best spot on the stock muffler to tap into? welder.gif Also, even with the ten foot cable it looks like it will be tight lenght wise to route the cable to the dash. Anyone done a permament install yet? Word to the wise, I first ordered the 3845 MTX-L, thinking the 3845 must be a newer version of the 3844, maybe it is, but the sensor cable that comes with the meter is only 3 feet long. Luckily I noticed that difference in the spec's before it got shipped. Thanks, Mike
BMXerror
I've got a PLX system with a 10 foot loom, and that was a PIA install. The first blurry picture is where I mounted the O2 sensor bung. It's on a Monza muffler setup in the crossover between the two mufflers.
Click to view attachment
BMXerror
Oops... got ahead of myself with the 'Add this' button. Anyways, with the O2 sensor way back there, this was the nearest practical place to put the control module.
Click to view attachment
Mind you, there was a hard wired loom to the gauge which was tying me down towards the front of the car as well. Otherwise, I probably would've put it under the seat or something. Hope that's sorta helpful.
Mark D.
914Mels
QUOTE(BMXerror @ Jul 12 2011, 06:43 PM) *

Oops... got ahead of myself with the 'Add this' button. Anyways, with the O2 sensor way back there, this was the nearest practical place to put the control module.
Click to view attachment
Mind you, there was a hard wired loom to the gauge which was tying me down towards the front of the car as well. Otherwise, I probably would've put it under the seat or something. Hope that's sorta helpful.
Mark D.

Mark,
Did you run the harness from the O2 along the trans or thru the trunk floor?
Thanks, Mike
cantgo2fast
You dont want to mount it IN your muffler. Those bosch sensors are only good to about 900* so you need it a fair bit down the exhaust from the head. You also probably want to mount it after both exhaust streams come together. On my current car i have it mounted after where the cat used to be about 2-3 ft down the exhaust stream. Could get closer but that was easy.
BMXerror
QUOTE(914Mels @ Jul 12 2011, 07:44 PM) *

Mark,
Did you run the harness from the O2 along the trans or thru the trunk floor?
Thanks, Mike

Neither. It's clamped to the bottom side of the trunk until it enters the backside of the engine compartment on the left hand side (next to cylinders 1&2). It then goes around to the front/middle of the engine compartment, down through the bulkhead, and forward through the firewall to the position pictured. Brief note: Where it enters the engine compartment, I drilled to route it through the unibody, not the engine tin to keep it out of the way when I drop the engine.
Mark D.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.