Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Drive in Monterey CA this weekend?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JRust
Okay so anyone close to Monterey? I will be staying at Asilomar Resort for a family reunion. It's my wife's mom's side of the family. Nice people & all but I will need a break. I am going to flat tow the Creamsicle down for the weekend. I've got time both friday morning & saturday morning ending with lunch. Jim (Roadster fan) & I are going to take a drive. Just though I would throw it out there if anyone else is in the area & want's to join. We haven't decided yet on friday or saturday. If you'd like to go let me know what day works better biggrin.gif
phatnine11
JRust,
This Saturday, the San Gabriel Region, PCA will be having their monthly breakfast meeting @ 09:00 AM in Pasadena. There is a planned drive/tour of the Nethercutt Museum in Sylmar afterwards, PM me if you would like more information.
Enjoy your visit,
Phatnine11
PS: Do an Internet search for more info on the Nethercutt
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(phatnine11 @ Jul 13 2011, 02:10 PM) *

JRust,
This Saturday, the San Gabriel Region, PCA will be having their monthly breakfast meeting @ 09:00 AM in Pasadena. There is a planned drive/tour of the Nethercutt Museum in Sylmar afterwards, PM me if you would like more information.
Enjoy your visit,
Phatnine11
PS: Do an Internet search for more info on the Nethercutt

It will only take Jamie 5 hours to get there if he hauls ass! piratenanner.gif If mine was running and I wasn't going to help Jeff, I would come down and have fun with you. From Montery almost any direction you go is a cool drive. South on the coast is really aewsome.

At least you didn't meet your wife at your family reunion... poke.gif
EdwardBlume
You are one week early for an lpr ax at marina....
JRust
As great as an AutoX would be. IT would take to much of my day. Although I'd be damn tempted evilgrin.gif . Was half considering not bringing the LE. Seems like a waste to tow it a total of 24 hours to get to drive it maybe 5 rolleyes.gif . I'm still going to do it though happy11.gif
hydroliftin
QUOTE(JRust @ Jul 13 2011, 07:05 AM) *

Okay so anyone close to Monterey? I will be staying at Asilomar Resort for a family reunion. It's my wife's mom's side of the family. Nice people & all but I will need a break. I am going to flat tow the Creamsicle down for the weekend. I've got time both friday morning & saturday morning ending with lunch. Jim (Roadster fan) & I are going to take a drive. Just though I would throw it out there if anyone else is in the area & want's to join. We haven't decided yet on friday or saturday. If you'd like to go let me know what day works better biggrin.gif

An early morning slow drive from Asilomar along 17 mi. drive, maybe breakfast at the coffee shop at Pebble Beach (they will refund your entrence fee to 17 mi. drive here). Then take Carmel Valley Rd. from Carmel all the way to Greenfield (changes name a few times Arroyo Seco Rd, G16, etc.). From Greenfield take Metz Rd. to 146 to 25 North to Holister, then back to Asilomar any way you choose.

That's the route I'd recommend, and your best bet is Friday morning so as to avoid the weekend tourist crowds.
JRust
We are meeting at the hospital on the corner of hwy1 & hwy68 at 9:30. Looking just like me & Jim tomorrow. That's cool though. Should be a nice morning drive with lunch to follow
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.