Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 RS door panels installed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tavoman27
I have started to convert my 76 914 in to what I believe a 914 RS should be like.... door panels came in fast so they got in first...
tavoman27
More Pics, sorry they are cell phone pics so quality is bad.
tavoman27
tavoman27
tavoman27
tavoman27
yeahmag
Looks great. Did you make them yourself?
smontanaro
Kinda curious - why grab handles and pull straps?
Strudelwagon
QUOTE(smontanaro @ Jul 13 2011, 03:24 PM) *

Kinda curious - why grab handles and pull straps?

I think the pull strap opens the door?
tavoman27
The RS door panel kit was purchased about 2 years ago but I never got around to star the project so it sat for a while, now I did so I got them in and they fit perfect.... The RED pull strap opens the door, there was an option with out the handle but I decided to get it like this because is more practical to have it.
eric9144
What vendor did you buy them from?
Rand
Very nice!

On a side note, don't mean to hijack, but just wanted to share an observation: The part of the long that is recessed for the ebrake is a factory weak point that has suffered stress cracks on many 914s. Your tube brace ends right at the vulnerable area, which will transfer/amplify the load stress and potential trouble to that area. Maybe no big deal, but just wanted you to be aware of it so you can keep an eye on that area. Some extra plate reinforcing there might be a good idea. Here's an example of where it can happen:
IPB Image
monkeyboy
can you still lock your doors from the inside?
tavoman27
Monkeboy: you do loose the ability to lock the car from the inside.

Eric: this is the link on Ebay, http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-914...s#ht_733wt_1165

Rand: I will brace the car with the 3 piece inner reinforcement plates.
tavoman27
QUOTE(yeahmag @ Jul 13 2011, 02:45 PM) *

Looks great. Did you make them yourself?

I got them from this guy on Ebay......http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-914-916-RS-America-Door-Panels-Black-Vinyl- _W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem35b1d2a81eQQitemZ230616639518QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTru
ckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_733wt_1165
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(tavoman27 @ Jul 13 2011, 04:54 PM) *

very nice, mine were shot and i made my own with some left over burled wood- cherry stain, - to match the new steering wheel.

i also saw some billit aluminum ones recently - were very cool.

Phil
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.