Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nice to meet you.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
andrewmlin
This is my first post! I've been reading through all of the posts and have to say that I'm really glad that I came across these forums. Such a wealth of information from fellow 914 owners!

I'm the owner of a burgundy '74 914 2.0. I think the original color was green. I purchased the car in San Diego when I was still in college, about 15 years ago (it's older than I am). I didn't have a lot of money, so it was either a 914 or a used Toyota Corolla. I think I made the right choice wink.gif I drove it around for 5 years and loved it. Sure the car wasn't perfect: didn't start when hot, transmission is a little tough sometimes, but really fell in love with the way the damn thing drives. After graduating, I moved out to Pittsburgh and couldn't take the car with me. I couldn't part with the car, so I stored it in my parents' garage. 10 years later, I'm back in California (San Bruno). It took a bit of money to get the car running again, but it easily drove from Southern to Northern California. So, the 914 is back, and in a way, I feel like I'm "back" too.

I don't know much about working on cars (besides simple things like oil changes), but am really looking forward to learning more about the 914. I want to get my car back to its original glory. I may even paint it back to its original color.

Anyways, just wanted to introduce myself. I have a lot of questions, but I'll save them for future posts. Nice to meet you all!

Andrew
Nie Zu Alt
welcome.png

Welcome Andrew - I've also got a '74 2 liter. I know exactly what you mean about falling for these cars. I believe it's called an addiction! And let me be the first to say....

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
JRust
welcome.png .You definately made the right choice. Heck storing it for 10 years is killer. Most would have sold it & moved on. Way to go & I bet the smile first time back on the road said it all driving.gif
Tom_T
welcome.png

I know why you stored it! I got my 73 2L in Dec. 75 about 1.5 years after graduating college, was my DD for a decade, had just done a full rolling resto & mechanicals overhaul/renewal in 80-83 before starting grad school, then a ditz hit it in a parking structure in May 85 while in MBA classes. So I stored my 914 from 5/85 to 4/09 while I raised a family etc., and am now slowly working on repairing & restoring it to as-new!

Post some pix of your "baby"! shades.gif
Andyrew
Yay more norcal people! There are a lot of 914 people in your area so Im sure you will get plenty of help if you ask!

Congrats on gettin your groove back!
jimtab
Man you're just over the hill, I'm in Pacifica....you should make the next 914 Breakfast....we can drive over the bridge (to Fremont) in tandem....
hot_shoe914
welcome.png
Dr Evil
Interesting parallels, I am from San Diego where I went to college, now I live just south of Pittsburgh. smile.gif

welcome.png
Cairo94507
Terrific car to hang on to. Welcome and I am glad another 914 will be running around the Bay Area. Looking forward to some pictures.
rick 918-S
welcome.png
r_towle
welcome.png

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Rich
76-914
welcome.png Anywhere in CA in Teenerville. Welcome back. kent
andrewmlin
Thank you all for the warm welcome! Here's a photo of the 914 on the tow-truck, coming out of my parents' garage (and on it's way to the mechanic).

jimtab - when are the 914 breakfasts? I would love to go and meet you and fellow 914ers.

IPB Image
Drums66
......Nice to meet you !...Welcome to the world. flag.gif smoke.gif
bye1.gif(coool ride man, dig the color!)
Dave_Darling
We usually have them the last Saturday of the month. The location moves, but most of the time has been at the Original Pancake House in Fremont.

At 9:14 AM, of course!

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.