Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Got a set of Boxster brake calipers today ...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SirAndy
No pics yet. Now i need to source the adapters.

In the meantime, i have another question. Who sells those brake cooling dust shield replacements (for a 911 front-end) and the needed hoses and air-inlet FG adapters?

idea.gif
jcd914
I sure you can get them elsewhere too but Automotion sells a kit.

Jim
Steve
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 15 2011, 09:20 PM) *

In the meantime, i have another question. Who sells those brake cooling dust shield replacements (for a 911 front-end) and the needed hoses and air-inlet FG adapters?

idea.gif

I'm using RJ's Adapters front and rear. They work great and best of all they don't squeak like the previous 944 turbo front brakes I was using before.
BKLA
I have RJ adaptors as well. DWDesignworks used to make some as well. Don't think they are available anymore.

I love the "no fade" properties of the bigger pads for track day excursions. Overkill for AX IMHO

FYI:

The difference between the two in the rear:

RJ adaptors use the 911 SC vented disc and require that about 1/4" of material be shaved from the bottom of the inner brake pad to clear the trailing arm mounting ears.

The DWDesignwerks adaptors use the non "s" boxster rear disc. (Don't know whether there are clearance issues with wheels due to the disc being moved outboard.)
campbellcj
Andy, I have some adapters I won't be using as I went to Carrera brakes instead. I bought them from another World member but would have to dig in my files to see what flavor they are. PM me if interested and I'll pull them out.

I got my cooling bits from Smart Racing but others sell the same kits or equivalent.
Mike Bellis
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

poke.gif
Heater Guy

idea.gif

I used the adapters from Rebel S and spaced them to use 312 mm rotors (same as Audi TT)Click to view attachment
Heater Guy
Click to view attachment

Here is the rear with 312 mm rotors.
echocanyons
I am told that the Boxster non 'S' types clear 15' wheels, but my 'S' type/996 brakes wil not and I needed to use 16" wheels.

Heater guy, could yuo explain a bit more about the details of your setup? I would like to use bigger rotors than the SC rotors I am currently using. Did you space the calipers or the mount what adapters are needed for the rotor to the hub?

Heater Guy
QUOTE(echocanyons @ Jul 16 2011, 12:26 PM) *

I am told that the Boxster non 'S' types clear 15' wheels, but my 'S' type/996 brakes wil not and I needed to use 16" wheels.

Heater guy, could yuo explain a bit more about the details of your setup? I would like to use bigger rotors than the SC rotors I am currently using. Did you space the calipers or the mount what adapters are needed for the rotor to the hub?

I used wanted to use 2 piece directional vane rotors with aluminum hats. Directional vanes cool much better and the aluminum hats are much lighter than cast iron. To have enough space for the hats, I needed to increase the dia. of the discs to 312 mm. I use the 312 mm discs front and rear.
Another advantage of a 2 piece discs is they are less expensive than the one piece. The custom discs and hats were made for me by Coleman Racing Products in Michigan.
I used the adapters from Rebel S and machined spacers to space the caliper for the 312 mm disc. I gave Clint at Rebel the information and perhaps he will make a run of adapters to work with the 312 mm discs.Click to view attachment
Eric_Shea
:TTIWWBP:

(this thread is worthless without blurry pictures)

tongue.gif
campbellcj
FWIW, these are the adapters I have. (Yes, I realize there are only 6 bolts...that's all the seller had left in his stash.)

IPB Image
Porsche Boxster brake adapters by cjcam, on Flickr
John
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Jul 17 2011, 08:36 PM) *

FWIW, these are the adapters I have. (Yes, I realize there are only 6 bolts...that's all the seller had left in his stash.)

IPB Image

So, where did you get these?

Curious minds want to know......

corsepervita
I reckon these are shiny. I like shiny. Shiny and functional! MMMMM tasty!
BKLA
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Jul 17 2011, 09:36 PM) *

IPB Image

I believe they are from Dwdesignwerks originally. Check their website.

They had a blowout sale a few years ago and sold off the remaining stuff he had in stock.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jul 16 2011, 01:34 PM) *
:TTIWWBP:
(this thread is worthless without blurry pictures) tongue.gif

cheer.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Mike Bellis
eeeew... dirty...
SirAndy
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Jul 18 2011, 07:44 PM) *
eeeew... dirty...

Yupp. You should have seen the car they were on ... icon8.gif

Eric_Shea
Werd... Clean them and try not to mess with the seals. If the fluid has been changed regularly you should be in good shape. The seals are hard to find and expensive. $25 clams for just one dust boot and you have 16 there.

The pistons are hard anodized and should last forever. If the fluid hasn't been changed (looks dirty) then change it once a month for a couple of months. New fluid can help clean the build up from old fluid.

Chris, those bolts can be had easily from McMaster.com. They're 12.9 M10 stuff.
campbellcj
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jul 18 2011, 08:22 PM) *

Chris, those bolts can be had easily from McMaster.com. They're 12.9 M10 stuff.

Thanks Eric, I am not planning to use these anytime soon but I have the hardware specs on file just in case...
SirAndy
Now i need to source the adapters.

Bling!!! Just arrived in the mail. cheer.gif

Click to view attachment
rick 918-S
Those are nice! drooley.gif
strawman
That's just great -- now I want NEED a set! Thanks a lot... headbang.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.